Xtratime Community banner

who will win over the 2 legs?

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough draw. Highest scoring team inthe CL against the boeren, but bear in mind PSV haven't conceded more than 1 goal in any of their games (bar against PAO when they already qualified and basically didn't bother).

So what do you reckon will happen?

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I believe PSV can go through. Good draw! It´s not Chelsea or Milan, I think PSV has a good chance vs. Lyon.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I think it's a reasonable draw.
Lyon is a very good team but PSV always performs well against French teams.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well Lyon should be a possibility to advance. You can`t exactly say PSV has a run of bad lucks this year when it comes to the teams they got to play in CL. Ofcourse I rate Lyon highly, like most people, but when you see the defense of PSV and the best players of Lyon, it can`t really worry me from a PSV perspective.

They should be able to advance, as long as you take Lyon as an opponent seriously.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I think Lyon should take it over two legs. At least that's what I hope. If Lyon does not win, I'll eat my Lyon jersey. :lick:

Oh wait, I'll take that back before Wally attaches another bet to it. ;)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
mali said:
prince O, you are a traitor:D
Why? Did you ever taste an Adidas jersey? :yuck: Puma jerseys on the other hand are delicious. :lick:

;)

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
hehe. without kidding, will you really cheer up for lyon?!

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Of course. Two reasons:
1. I never cheer for PSV so that's simple ;)
2. I am a Francophile. Big fan of French teams and the French league so I basically always root for the Frenchies. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
PSV =

·
Registered
259 Posts
I wont cheer for PSV either, with their breakdown football, but Holland does need the points for the UEFA ranknig list. ;)

But lets just say that i will not be upset if PSV loses. How can I be? I need 10 cups of coffee just to stay awake during their matches. :D

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
I never cheer on PSV, nor Ajax for that matter. I do respect Guus Hiddink and see him as Holland's best coach.

AZ, Heerenveen, Utrecht etc are a different story though, I actually have sympathy for them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I respect Hiddink too, but I only cheer for teams that actually want to play football. Like Heerenveen and AZ this year in Europe.

He does know how to make a team play from a well functioning organisation, that Hiddink. As we all know, nowadays in football that is a very effective style for most teams.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
As I said in the Rotterdam-thread i would love to Lyon go far this year, so no surprise at all who I voted for. Also with Lyon now set-up against PSV I will be forced to watch the boys from my town of birth, so they should be happy about that too.

Lyon surely won't repeat the scorelines from the games against Werder Bremen, but they should edge PSV me thinks.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
traitor!!! :veiled:

ahh come on sfertje! :D PSV is not so bad to watch IMHO! they keep possession well which is an art, plus watching Alex tackling is great to watch too, such a beast and you can't expect them to play like Holland in euro 88. They're also no Dnipro, Ajax under Koeman against Valencia away......... or even worse Bolton :yuck: :D

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Weird that you come up with that Ajax-game, cause that wasn't a boring one at all. Valencia got enough chances in that game, so our defense surely wasn't that great back then. Only Didgeridoo managed to keep everything out except one.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
for me it was :eek:. You were being pounded attack after attack and you like scored from like the only time you crossed the halfway line!

that saying I enjoy every Feyenoord game too, even the one against FC Karnten, well ok not that one :D

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I believe this is the final destination for PSV. Lyon are now an even better side than the one that Ajax struggled with twice two years ago. They have an exceptionally talented side with many young and hungry players.
If there is a French team that may have the chance to go all the way to the final, then I think it would be Lyon. It's increddible how they dominate in France. And they have their share of losses too, but they are a class apart.
And beating Man Utd to the top of a CL group is no small feat either I would think.

On paper, PSV may have drawn the weakest out of all the other possible teams, but I think that Lyon will overwhelm PSV at home, to give them little hope in Eindhoven.

On the other hand, should PSV also withstand OL and manage to go through to the semi's. Than I am baffled once again how a very average team for European standards, has it to go so far.

EDIT: The die-hard Ajax and Feyenoord fans AKA PSV haters :dontcare: seem to think Lyon will go through. But I'm suprised by the ones who think PSV has what it takes to go on. Sfertje, Delphi, are you feeling ok? :drunk:
But seriously, thanks for your confidence :)

1 - 20 of 120 Posts