Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sports City of Sant Joan D'Espí will start to work in November with the youth cathegories of the football, basketball, futsal, volleyball, rugby and field hockey. There are 136,839 mt^2 and this fields will become the axis of the youth cathegories of 5 sections plus the main facilities of the senior volleyball and rugby teams.

The Sports city will have 9 pitches, 5 natural grass, 3 more with artificial turf and a small field to practice Football-7, also with artificial turf. Besides, there will be a multisports court to practice basketball, futsal and volleyball. Overall, it will have 49 teams, 800 sportmen and 79 members of the technical staff. Aside the pitches, there will be 3 buildings: See map

The building C3, which is under the stands of the football pitch will have 3 floors and it will include offices, a meeting and conferences room, dressing rooms, physiotherapy rooms, bars, parking for 80 cars, TV and radio rooms, etc. The stadium will have 1512 seats.

The building C1.3, aside the multisport pitches, it will have a big dressing room plus 3 smaller ones, a medical room, a physiotherapy room, a video room and 3 offices for the coaches.

The Building C.6 are just dressing rooms.

The fields are going to be used for the traiment sessions of Barça B, C and other lower cathegories, although the 3 biggest teams of the football section (aside the A team) will keep playing in the Mini Estadi.

Click here more pics in the Official website

Guillermo Amor, ex-Barcelona player who was raised in La Masia and currently the director of the Sports City, has said: "This is the first step of a great project. Now we're going to send the first teams to the new facilities and we'll see what we still need to make everything work fine. In that way, when we are all there, everything will be great".

He also said that they'll go step by step and they are planning to build a new residence for the kids.

"The fact of having more and better facilities will help us a lot. The distances are short and the access from the Camp Nou is quite comfortable. For a club with Barça's greatness and cathegory, this project was necessary".

Aside these official news, the press agencies report that Barça could sell the field next to the Mini Estadi and they said that the club could receive 120 million € with this operation. This seems to be the big project of this Board although it's not official yet. This fact has raised some critics from some socios and the neighboring of Les Corts.

The 120 million € would be dedicated to build new offices, a new Palau Blaugrana (increasing the capacity to 18,000 seats), to invest in some building works in Montjuïc and also to increase the Camp Nou capacity.

The idea is to adapt the Camp Nou for the next 25 years and they plan to increase the capacity from the current 98,000 seats to 115,000 seats, to build a new VIP stand and also to instal some elevators in the stadium. In order to increase the capacity, the roof that covers the tribune would disappear to make the works and they would close the last ring of the stadium, so it would have the same height in all the stadium (now it's higher in the "lateral" stands).

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=34&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=203598&idseccio_PK=637&h=
http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=20050419&xref=20050419dasdasftb_3&type=Tes&anchor=dasftbA00

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
They will take off the cover of La Tribuna and complete the upper ring, and not put in a new cover? Man that would make Camp Nou look so different!!! Not to mention that Laporta and his fellow VIP's would have wet hair and clothes every time it rained!

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
This place is near my house. It's beginning to look doubtful that the first team will ever go there to practice because cars go flying past on the motorway at 150kph all day and night and the team needs peace. Also there are massive blocks of flats overlooking it so there will be no privacy. I've already been in one of them and I'm sure journalists have already got something fixed up.
This was one of Gaspart's wild ideas and has never been liked by Laporta, who is more in favour of using the Montjuic Olympic facilities once Espanyol vacate the place and it's been cleaned up.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Eeeeek. Taking the cover away and leveling off the Camp Nou will take away its uniqueness. It's going to look like a giant bowl, like the big American football stadiums. :thmbdown:

Here's the Rose Bowl in LA:

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
some of it could be fine, some of it I can't understand why they are doing it?

Camp Nou cover!? I don't think it needs to be moved or removed!! unless they planing to add it later on!

I just don't understand it really!!

Visca el Barca :strong: :heart: :fero:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barca King said:
some of it could be fine, some of it I can't understand why they are doing it?

Camp Nou cover!? I don't think it needs to be moved or removed!! unless they planing to add it later on!

I just don't understand it really!!

Visca el Barca :strong: :heart: :fero:
They are going to remove it to close the last ring, but I guess that they'll put a new one.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
From today's MD... What the future installations might look like (along with taking over Espanyol's present grounds)

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
EMD's drawings look good to be honest. I say go for it, I'm all for making the Camp Nou even bigger.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
As long as they put the cover back on La Tribuna after they complete the ring, and don't change the overall look of it, fine... but it's not really needed IMO. It's already the biggest in Europe, and making it even bigger is just a matter of ego... SAVING THE CONSTRUCTION COST WOULD PROBABLY RESULT IN AN EXTRA YEAR WITH NO SPONSOR!

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zyad said:
As long as they put the cover back on La Tribuna after they complete the ring, and don't change the overall look of it, fine... but it's not really needed IMO. It's already the biggest in Europe, and making it even bigger is just a matter of ego... SAVING THE CONSTRUCTION COST WOULD PROBABLY RESULT IN AN EXTRA YEAR WITH NO SPONSOR!
No, it's not a matter of ego. Before 1995, the Camp Nou had 120,000 places and we lost 22,000 to put the seats. If we increase the capacity of the stadium, we will also have more ticket holders and that means A LOT of money. Besides, the construction would not be more expenses, but a investment. There is a huge demand to be ticket holder, so it's a safe bet to increase the Camp Nou to finish with the project.

All these constructions will adapt the club the new necesities and that's good and also necessary.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
We don't sell out every match, K4...

I fail to understand the point myself. It's not really even an improvement. It's just change.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Politician said:

I fail to understand the point myself. It's not really even an improvement. It's just change.
If I'm not wrong, we have around 95,000 ticket holders. The rest (3,000) are the ones that are put on sale. The club created a system some years ago called the "Seient lliure" (Empty seat). This system allows the ticket holders to leave their seat free, so the club can sell a new ticket, because that seat would be empty anyway. For example, I know a man who lives here in Alacant. This man just goes to 2 or 3 matches in the whole season. In the rest of the matches, he uses the "seient lliure" system, so the club sells a ticket where this ticket holder was supposed to seat.

The club knows that there is a huge demand for being ticket holder, they could easily sell 15,000 or 20,000 season tickets and that is a lot of money per year, even if they decide not to go to the Camp Nou. Because, even if the seat is empty, the club gets money and the ticket holder gets the 50% of the profit of the selling. The "Seient Lliure" is working great.

A bigger stadium means more money, even if the stadium is not at 100% every week.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Politician said:

Its not about "selling out", because the empty seats, are mostly season ticket holders that don't show up. The seats are paid for, even when they are empty.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Can someone explain to me what we intend to do with the Montujic anyway ? And first of all why are we so intrested in that ground to be honest ? Are Espanyol giving it up ? Do we own specific installations around the stadium ?

A lot of questions are popping up in my mind, I wish someone coud clear them up.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
husain_14 said:
Can someone explain to me what we intend to do with the Montujic anyway ? And first of all why are we so intrested in that ground to be honest ? Are Espanyol giving it up ? Do we own specific installations around the stadium ?

A lot of questions are popping up in my mind, I wish someone coud clear them up.
Let's see. The stadium of Montjuïc is not Espanyol's stadium. Montjuïc is a public property which belongs to the city or the region (I'm not sure). Espanyol sold their own stadium, Sarrià, to save their economy and now they're building a new one. They just rent the stadium.

The lands of the Mini Estadi will be sold to make new constructions, so Barça B will have to move to another place. It seems that the Board is studying to send them to Montjuïc, especially if they (ever) promote to Segunda Division.

One of the constructions is a new Palau Blaugrana (multisports court). This is where the basketball, handball, roller hockey or futsal section play in. While the club builds the new Palau Blaugrana, all these sections need a place to play their matches and they would do in the Palau Sant Jordi, another Olympic facility, which is huge BTW. It would be provisional. They will also use the baseball field and an athletics track in Montjuic.

We don't own anything in Montjuïc, although it seems that the club wants to get land in the mountain (Montjuic) instead of the lands that we have in other locations (Can Rigalt, even in Sant Joan D'Espí).

The club also plans to build a hotel near the Camp Nou. Like Chelsea in Stamford Bridge.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Koeman4 said:
No, it's not a matter of ego. Before 1995, the Camp Nou had 120,000 places and we lost 22,000 to put the seats. If we increase the capacity of the stadium, we will also have more ticket holders and that means A LOT of money. Besides, the construction would not be more expenses, but a investment. There is a huge demand to be ticket holder, so it's a safe bet to increase the Camp Nou to finish with the project.

All these constructions will adapt the club the new necesities and that's good and also necessary.

oh, shut up and translate "Botifarra de Pages" already! :howler:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zyad said:
oh, shut up and translate "Botifarra de Pages" already! :howler:
C'mon... give me time... we won't win La Liga this weekend. I'll try to do it soon. :D

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Koeman4 said:
C'mon... give me time... we won't win La Liga this weekend. I'll try to do it soon. :D

heeey... if we wait for you to do it at Spanish pace, we'll be waiting "14 anys sense una traduccio" :D

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
To K4 :-

Mini Estadi I would presume would be the Les Corts right ?

Any clue how much more time for Espanyol to complete their stadium and and free up the Montujic in the process ? Plus would we be buying the Montujic from the city government or just leasing it ?

This new Palau Blaugrana you talk about, will we be modernizingng our facitilites our will we be building a totally new multisports court on some land that the club own already ? You mention we would be using the facilities in the Palau Saint Jordi, but besides that the baseball ground and the athletics track in the Montujic too. Have the deals for the provisional use of those two facilities in the Montujic been completed or is it just speculation ?

Another question about the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. If the proposed plan about the Montujic goes on, the top 3 football teams would keep training in the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper while their matches will be held in the Montujic Stadium compared to the Les Corts where they take place right now yeah ?

The original post that started this thread, there according to press reports we would be selling the land around the Les Corts that we own and not exactly the Les Corts, has there been a deviation from this stand so much so that we now plan to cash in on the Les Corts too ?

So basically the final line is the youth cathegories of the football, basketball, futsal, volleyball, rugby and field hockey would be doing their training stuff in the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper, as well as being the main facilities of the senior volleyball and rugby teams, while the basketball, handball, roller hockey or futsal section would be using the new Palau Blaugrana (temporarily being relocated to the facilities at the Palau Saint Jordi and the Montujic) as their main location for their games ? Am I right ?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts