Xtratime Community banner

City vs. Wigan

831 views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  The Green One 
#1 ·
Away from home against a team we've never beaten in the Premier League (ho-hum), this is a chance for it. We've got the return of the three Rs, Richards, Robinho and Wright-Phillips. The JJB is wide pitch and we can hopefully exploit that as we did at Eastlands (the widest pitch in the EPL) by playing SWP and Robinho on the wing. I cannot really see many changes to make, Johnson won't start having started against Brighton. Maybe Elano will be considered too lightweight to play as a holding midfielder away from home. Wigan have showed good form this season, but I think we'll be too good for them. Bruce will think he can beat us so will attack from the off. Here's what I think we'll play:

---------------------Hart
Zabaleta------Dunne-----Richards----Garrido
-------------Fernandes---Kompany
SWP--------------Ireland---------Robinho
--------------------Jo

Subs: Schmeichel, Ball, Ben Haim, Hamann, Elano, Sturridge, Evans

#2 ·
1-1 equaliser by Kompany, assited by Elano's free kick. Wigan are harrying us like madmen, surely they can't do this for 90 minutes. Cattermole is a dirty little bastard, constantly kicking heels.

#13 ·
City´s Keeper is pretty weak, he fumbled the ball a couple of times and Wingan almost scored. And that Wigan striker from Africa was very good and Robinho had an awful game.

#15 ·
ha ha wtf thats a joke watch him more often hes a class apart.we played sum ok football it a shame that the ref was so bad the pen was just over the top u wud of thought he had bin shot the way he jumped up i dont like that sort of football

#22 ·
he made himself big in order to take up as much space as possible and he was unlucky to get beaten. Learn a little about goalkeepers before you show you ignorance.

and oh wow, i would so much rather have a backup keeper who can't get a game for Liverpool (except for a carling cup match in which he let in a goal to Crewe), rather than one of the most promising goalkeepers in england and probably Europe:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

How about you open your eyes and stop making absurd and purely foolish judgements.

#24 ·
Mate one goal between the legs is fine, four and you simply don´t know how to shut the angle.

Like I said I just saw one game from Heart, so I´m more then happy to see better performances from him in the future which will change my mind. So instead of being so sensitive and act like a total TGO you could have simply said he is a very promising keeper and I would have taken your world for it.

As for Cavalieri with time he will take the spot, he is a very good keeper. Has a very solid game not prone to mistakes unlike some talented keepers who are not very regular. And as far as track record goes Brasil has developed more quality keepers then England in recent history.

But just chill, if you say Heart is the future I will take your word for it.

and you still need to learn how to spell you prick
Hurt! are you happy now?

#26 ·
whos hart?

Let me revert the question, do you consider Heart on level with Julio Cesar? Because Cavalieri was as good for Palmeiras, equal level of keeping as Julio Cesar in Inter. Unfortunately he went to play for Benitez who is a complete schmuck.

#28 ·
IMO Hart should, without question, be the current starter for England. One unlucky game doesn't show that a keeper doesn't know how to close an angle. Plus that was his first year as a starter in the premiership, he's improved vastly since then (even though he was great last year as well).

Let's just end this conversation where it is. I'll even let you have the last word. Go nuts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.