Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MATCH PREVIEW

After great start and CL plans, City had problems and mid table is objective goal for them at the end of the season. They improved in last couple of matches, but it is too lat now for something more then mid table secure position.

Black Cats are in Championship and they are aware of that. Even, after they lost any chance for surviving, they started to play without pressure and they took some points in matches where they have been considered as underdogs (as always). It is not enough, but at least it is better then during the rest of the season.

Basicaly, this is match of two teams that lack motivation. They will play open match, with lot of scoring opportunities and probably goals. As City have much more quality they will probably win.

Source: http://www.freebetting.net/onlinebetting.php?g=74523

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Lack motivation?! Try telling that to Stuart Pearce. We've been poor away from home, but not not motivated. What an idiot whoever wrote that is.

3-0 City, with Vassell, Rieira and Samaras scoring.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I agree. Citys problem seems to be lack of goals away from home. Not due to lack of effort. More due to a lack of creative midfielders. Sunderland should be a stroll in the park. 3-0 Vassell (2) and Reina if he plays. He's supposed to replace Barton tomorrow.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
I'll probably watch this game, even though watching Sunderland may be painful. Hope Riera does well, I like him, he's got a few tricks up his sleeve.

2 or 3 nil, I reckon.

C'mon City!!!

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Cheers for the support Hordezla. Can I ask you why you're supporting City though? Just out of curiosity? I've seen you post here, and you're quite clearly a supporter of us, and I'd like to know a bit more about that.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
The Green One said:
Cheers for the support Hordezla. Can I ask you why you're supporting City though? Just out of curiosity? I've seen you post here, and you're quite clearly a supporter of us, and I'd like to know a bit more about that.
Funnily enough I started supporting City when we were in Div 2. At the time I was 16 or 17 and I didn't really support anyone in the Premier League, and I felt sympathetic towards such a big club being in such trouble. So i decided to coach City in CM3 and fell in love with the team. I then found out more about the club and the supporters and myself became one. But the Playoff Final at Wembley in 99 is what made me 100% Light Blue. I'll never forget it, it was unbelievable. The passion of the supporters after we won I'll remember forever. Plus who knows where we'd be now if we didn't win that day.

The worst moment was that night at Portman Road in 01, but we've bounced back and we're where we belong.

There's also few things in football I like than when City beat United.

Tell me also, do the majority of City fans miss Maine Road? I've never been there but I miss watching games there and the atmosphere. No stadium will ever replace Maine Road for me, no matter how big.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
HordeZla said:
Funnily enough I started supporting City when we were in Div 2. At the time I was 16 or 17 and I didn't really support anyone in the Premier League, and I felt sympathetic towards such a big club being in such trouble. So i decided to coach City in CM3 and fell in love with the team. I then found out more about the club and the supporters and myself became one. But the Playoff Final at Wembley in 99 is what made me 100% Light Blue. I'll never forget it, it was unbelievable. The passion of the supporters after we won I'll remember forever. Plus who knows where we'd be now if we didn't win that day.

The worst moment was that night at Portman Road in 01, but we've bounced back and we're where we belong.

There's also few things in football I like than when City beat United.

Tell me also, do the majority of City fans miss Maine Road? I've never been there but I miss watching games there and the atmosphere. No stadium will ever replace Maine Road for me, no matter how big.

Yeah, we pretty much miss Maine Road. Especially with the overzealous stewarding at COMStad where you cannot stand up. Its no wonder the atmosphere is so poor. Its going to take a while for the fans to settle, but hopefully it will happen one day. It doesn't help that our fans still sing "We are city, We are City, Super City, From Maine Road."

As for the match, I watched the first 60 at home, then the last 10 at work, and the lack of confidence shown at Liverpool going forward was instead shown in defence after we conceded to Sunderland, who looked bright after their goal. Really though we should not have let our heads drop. We made them look silly for the opening 20 minutes, and I do not know why we could not keep that up. We definitely missed Barton. I don't know why Reyna started over Ireland, he hasn't got the legs even when fully fit, let alone coming back from injury. Kiki and Reyna is too lax in midfield.

Still, we won our 6th straight match at home, 4th in the premiership, and Samaras scored 2 goals. Its 3 points and propels us back into the top half, so is not to be sniffed at. Hopefully we can kick on from here and win our next few games.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Gary Breen :thumbsup: :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts