Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, a late thread as I've been at work all morning. A resurgent Spurs are the visitors who could very well get a result here. We've been scintillating at home, and if we're playing badly away then we need to make sure we're beating similar strength teams at home.

The good news is Benjani starts, as he was much better than Jo on Thursday night.

Team:

-------------Hart
Zabaleta--Dunne--Richards--Garrido
-------Fernandes--Ireland
Vassell---------SWP-----Robinho
-------------Benjani

Subs: Schmeichel, Ben Haim, Onuoha, Elano, Hamann, Evans, Jo.

Disappointed to see Vassell start. He'll give pace, and tracks back well as a winger, but I think with a soft central midfield we could afford to play Elano in the hole with SWP out wide.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why are our fans booing Corluka? The guy was a fan favourite who left against hist will. What a bunch of knobs, I hate our home fans, they're as bad as those at Old Trafford.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vassell is a retard, he has no intelligence with a ball at his feet. I'd rather see Sturridge play on the wing than Vassell :(

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just coming here to ask about the booing as well.

Seems silly when it was all down to the club why he left.
I know, but it'll be the flask and blanket brigade in the Colin Bell and Family stands who don't know football. Every set of fans has them, and they're the ones ruining the atmosphere at football and ensure standing will never come back.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1-0 City! Robinho begins a break, plays it to SWP who nutmegs Assou-Ekotto to Vassell and his shot is parried to Robinho for a simple finish from 6 yards.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fernandes sent off, stream interrupted so I can't see it. Two yellows, and with no holding midfielder we're going to need to make a change. Lets get Hamann on for Vassell.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Can't complain. He made two rash challenges, one on Modric and one on Bentley. Both yellow cards so he deserved it.

Modric just missed a great chance, really good save from Hart.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Terrible defending from Dunne, lovely play from Dazza Bent.

Game on, we really should be pushing on to win this now.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
D. Bent scores, another dumb mistake by Dunne. He needs dropping immediately, he's been woeful all season. That's a horrible goal to concede, I was hoping we could hold out until half time with 10 men, now are we going to even hang on for a draw?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hughes just paid the price for leaving five minutes before bringing on Hamann.

Good finish from Bent.
No, he paid the price of playing a clumsy oaf who is out of form at centre-back. He's not untouchable, and I think Ben Haim deserves a go right now. On top form, Dunne is outstanding and can defend a game on his own, but when he's in this form he's a liability.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
According to the BBC, Dunne is having a 'mare. With 45 minutes left and down to ten men, dare we leave him on?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bastard, you hexed us.

A goal from nothing really. But why did three players get tight on Jermaine Jenas with his back to goal? He's not Dennis Bergkamp ffs. Bent finds the corner with a brilliant finish, but that should have been defended and Hughes really needs to earn his corn, he's got a team that had a brilliant defence at home last sesaon. He's only lost Corluka, and gained more depth by signing Ben Haim. So why are we playing shit? We even have Kompany to add to Hamann and Fernandes, and Ireland's defencive game is better than Johnson's/

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
What a great save from Hart from Huddlestone. Really impresses me everytime I see him.

We need to score another to finish this off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts