Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An important game. They like to attack, and that could help us actually. They'll give us space and we can attack and use Elano in that space. I'm not entirely confident, but we can get a result here.

There looks to be a few injury problems. Richards is out, but Onuoha is back from injury. Dunne is doubtful, as is Ball, so the defence is really threadbare. I'm hoping Dunne will be fit, otherwise we're shaky.

Probable team:

------------Hart
Corluka--Onuoha--Dunne--Garrido
------Fernandes---Johnson
Vassell------Elano-------Castillo
------------Benjani

Subs: Isaksson, Sun, Ireland, Caicedo, Sturridge

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
i dunno about this 1 not very confident judging by latest results but i think we have the class and depth to turn it on 2nite and gain3 well needed points .

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2-1 win for us, much needed as well. We came from 1-0 down with two goals in the second half. Ireland's looked slightly offside, but Dawson's arse looks to have like it may have played him onside, which explains why Ramos has them all on diets. The second goal was a thumping header from Onuoha.

This was a big win, we're only 2 points off sixth now, and have the winning feeling back. I enjoyed Castillo's play, despite his one-footedness. His footwork and dribbling was good to see, like his old form at Olympiacos. Hopefully he can have a bit more time on the pitch for us. Caicedo also was effective when he came on, holding the ball up well and working hard. We have Petrov back now, and Richards is working towards full fitness. Ball should be back soon but Garrido showed his early season form today. He looked stable at the back and good going forward.

·
Registered
59,327 Posts
You deserved it more. Well done.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GREAT WIN! I just finished watchin the match and am absolutely thrilled.

I always hate playing spurs. Why did they take lennon off?

I was also impressed with Castillo but he must learn to take a shot a little quicker. Good positioning and runs from him and certainly showing potentials.

Speaking of potential, Calceido looks like a hell of a good find. Great stuff from him when he came on.

Elano was decent and i thought Gelson and Johnson (esp. Gelson) played very well.

Well done Citeh! and let's start a streak!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
good win and well needed 3 points , Castillo showed promise getting himself into great positions and also using his pace to his advantage . Onuoha's goal was a nice 1

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Great win and very much needed. Finally a defender scores :D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Lol lets hope this starts a trend for him lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts