Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another home Premiership game, and an oppurtunity to pick up three points. Portsmouth were in awesome form last season away from home, so this is far from a foregone conclusion. However we looked exciting against Chelsea, and I think we can cut through them. I'd like to think we're strong enough in attack to score a couple. They may rest some players after playing in Europe, but then again so might we. However Pompey normally lack strength in depth, and rotation for them can mean bringing in Djimi Traore or Dave Nugent :D.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Confirmed XI:

------------------Hart
Zabaleta----Dunne-----Richards----Garrido
-----------Kompany----Elano
SWP------------Ireland-------Robinho
-----------------Jo

Subs: Schmeichel, Ball, Fernandes, Hamann, Evans, Ben Haim, Sturridge

The "best fans in the league" have sent about 200 fans :rollani:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Half time and we're 2-0 up. Since the second though we've looked a bit shaky at the back though. Portsmouth have got into the box a few times and look dangerous on set pieces with players like Diop, Crouch and Campbell on. They still obviously only have the tactic of playing it high to Crouch though. They miss Kranjcar so much.

As for us we njust need to re-assert ourselves upon the game. We're clearly better than them, and we're still getting forward well. They don't know how to deal with Robinho, Jo, SWP and Ireland, and the overlapping runs of Garrido and Zabaelta. Zab has been fantastic so far, and I think we can really punish Pompey if we apply ourselves properly.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4-0! SWP!

Ireland once again pulling the strings. He's been awesome going forward and back today. He plays a simple ball outside the centre-backs for SWP to run onto who smashes it past James on his near post.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
5-0! Ched Evans!

Robinho cuts in from the left, plays it to SWP on the edge of the six yard box who rather than shooting back heels it to Evans who strokes it in. We're fantastic :D

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Probebly the best football i've seen a team play this year..

You're truely sending a warning msg to the top 4 if you keep this up.. well done.

Ireland and Robinho MOM.. and btw, why doesn't Capello takes Hart to the national team? he deserves a shot being the number 1 keeper, seeing david james SUCK..

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
6-0 lol, Gelson Fernandes.. 7 minutes to go, how much worst can it get for Portsmouth?

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
I think if Mark Hughs puts himself on the field insted of Robinho he would score aswell..

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
6-0! Fernandes Gelson!

Garrido gets to the byline, crosses into an empty box where SWP slides the ball into James, it rebounds to Gelson who slides in to score the sixth.

Robinho replaced by Sturridge.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
6-0 it finishes, fantastic stuff. We went in search of more goals in the second half and played some marvellous football. Six different goalscorers and some scintillating stuff.

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
impressive

·
Rumo ao Hexa
206 Posts
SWP with some great touches in the match and Ireland with some great passes!
Robinho should of had more step-overs in that second half. The first time he went for them it ended with the Evans goal! Great game by City today!
cheers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.