Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teams are in, here's how we line up:

-------------Given
Richards--Dunne--Onuoha--Bridge
Zabaleta--De Jong--Kompnay--Ireland
---------Bellamy----Robinho

Subs: Hart, Garrido, Elano, Weiss, Vassell, Caicedo, Evans.

I'm not really sure what to make of this. They are missing Gerrard and Alonso, and will come at us which is when we're better, but they'll surely be too good for us. Anyway, I'd be delighted with a point.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HT 0-0

We weathered the storm for the first 20 minutes but since then its been a bit more even, although we've not attacked much. Still its good to get in with a clean sheet and hopefully stay that way for the full 90.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Much improved performance, even if we didn't win. I think we've hit on the formula for away games today. We can't play all 4 flair players away from home. It just leaves us far too vulnerable on the break. Bridge has looked exposed at the back, with Robinho in front of him. Playing 3 DMs (all brilliant btw) allowed Robinho and Ireland to have free roles and along with Bellamy become really dangerous on the break. I'll be interested to see whether we go back to playing SWP as well away from home, because I think it makes us far too easy to play against.

And I'm still not impressed with our set piece defending.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
there are like 2 city fans in this board?:howler:
Yeah, we haven't has enough success to attract all of the glory supporters and hangers on that all the other clubs have. What are you? Another fan who's never been to see the club he supports by any chance?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
good game guys! Hopefully victories will start coming again and for ****s sake when will the defense be less prone to soft balls lobed in the area?

I mean both defenders were beaten for the goal, it was not one mistakes it was two in a row....

This team has so much potential from the attack front but the defense is a total let down. I´m glad City did not waste so much money on Kaka you definetly need quality defenders for next season.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts