Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only woke up in time for the start of the second half having got home from work at 7am. 1-0 at the moment from a superb Bellamy goal, very well worked by him. The team is the same as against Stoke bar Given in for Hart.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WTF, why did Sky not show that turn by Ireland? It was outrageous

Robinho should have finished it rather than try beating the keeper.

Also WTF, Wheater at RB?

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
Boro started the match with FOUR centre-backs in defence, and one in midfield.
Yeah i was just about to say this Boro lineup that Southgate put out wasn't very attack minded so any win would do against a side not really interested in playing football. In saying that they're rubbish and will probably go down i think along wit WBA and Stoke.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They've not won in 13 games now, and thats justice for them not playing football.

Anyway its all over 1-0 to us, 13th point from 18, which is very good form, although we should have beat Stoke. We're only 6 behind Everton now.

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
They've not won in 13 games now, and thats justice for them not playing football.

Anyway its all over 1-0 to us, 13th point from 18, which is very good form, although we should have beat Stoke. We're only 6 behind Everton now.
Yep and with a game in hand too i believe. Interested what you make of Kompany's performances so far this season...? I have always been a big fan and of Ireland's too...

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, no game in hand as they've yet to play this weekend. Kompany has looked classy and comfortable every game this season. Ireland is just brilliant

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Back to 9 points behind them thanks to Jo. :rollani: Typical.

Anyway, I think today demonstrated the difference between a decent young keeper and one of the best in the league.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Btw what will become of Hart now ? Seeing as his status seems to be the one of a substitute GK. Will you loan him out or will you demote to become the back-up goalie. Hart just landed into a world of dogshit.?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
So Jo couldn't break into the City first XI with competition like Benjani and Vassel but puts in a MOM perfermance for Everton in his first game?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Jo shows what he can do for Everton, Hughes is an idiot for dumping him off on loan.
Hughes doesn't want him. So what would you do? Let him rot in the reserves and sell him in the summer for a fraction of what we paid? Or loan him out to Everton, where every team in Europe will get to see him play, and know he's in the shop window? Or we can even take him back once he's got used to the league. It's a good bit of business for everyone.

But it's not as if a decent debut proves anything. Let's judge him at the end of the season. Because he looked decent in his first few matches for us, but then turned into a lazy bastard.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Has the addition of De Jong made you more secure defensively? You certainly seem to be leaking less goals, has he been a big factor in this?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Hughes doesn't want him. So what would you do? Let him rot in the reserves and sell him in the summer for a fraction of what we paid? Or loan him out to Everton, where every team in Europe will get to see him play, and know he's in the shop window? Or we can even take him back once he's got used to the league. It's a good bit of business for everyone.

But it's not as if a decent debut proves anything. Let's judge him at the end of the season. Because he looked decent in his first few matches for us, but then turned into a lazy bastard.
I don't get how he could dismiss him so quickly, I get that the signing was forced on him as it was agreed during SGE's stint but when he's looking at spending 25 million for Roque Santa Cruz on the last day of the window, you gotta question the thinking.

Santa has had 1 albeit very good season for some time, whereas Jo was still rocking before his move to City.

I recall seeing TGO praising the move when it was confirm, he was set to be the type of striker to "lead" the line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts