Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, hopefully we won't see a repeat of the 8-1 we received last time we visited the Riverside. I doubt it somehow, the circumstances now are so different and that game was a freak (I know, I was there :()

Evans, Jo and Dunne are all doubtful, so Sturridge is set to start. Hughes has pretty much confirmed he will use Sturridge, which is good after he linked so well with Robinho, Ireland and SWP on Sunday. Dunne is expected to recover, as is Evans, but Jo has tonsilitis so a visit to Teeside probably isn't recommended. Hamann may come in to give us more protection away from home. The game is very winnable, and we need to pick up points away if we're to do something this season. I'm predicting a 2-0 win, goals from Robinho and Sturridge.

Probable team:

--------------Hart
Richards---Dunne--Ben Haim--Garrido
-------Kompany--Hamann
SWP-----------Ireland----Robinho
----------Sturridge

Subs: Schmeichel, M Ball, Onuoha, Elano, Gelson, Caicedo, Berti, Evans/Castillo/D Ball.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
A very poor defeat. Riverside always seems to be a poor ground for us, last season apart. This season is destined to go as last with us being as inconcistent as ever.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FFS can we not string two wins together? How are we ever going to maintain a challenge on the top 6, let alone the top 4, when we can't even pick up points on the road? I've not watched the match yet, but this form we're showing is pissing me off

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay WTF is Richards doing at left back? We had four centre-backs on the pitch, five counting Kompany, and still conceded two.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
was the penalty deserving?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really, the legs got tangled and it was inevitable that they'd BOTH go to ground as a result. Secondly it was out of the area where the foul took place, and the linesman who was closer than the ref didn't signal anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts