Xtratime Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good chance for an away win here. We won at the Reebok in the Carling Cup, and beat them 4-2 with a good second half performance at our ground. They're in bad form, and I expect them to kick us to try to stop us playing football. Petrov returns, as do Hamann and Ball which is important. We actually have options right now for who to play, which means we have some impact on the bench too.

I';m going for 2-1 City, goals from Benjani and Petrov.

Possible team:

----------------Hart
Corluka--Onuoha--Dunne--Garrido
---------Johnson--Fernandes
Castillo--------Elano------Petrov
------------Benjani

Subs: Isaksson, Hamann, Castillo, Ball, Ireland

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
At Bolton its difficult, but winnable.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
COME ON CITEH!

another big match. I always hate playing Bolton just because it hurts my eyes to watch their sh*t football.

i have the feeling 1-1

elano

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
0-0 FT

I'm not too disappointed. Away at Bolton is always difficult. Too bad we didn't score a goal on the counter though.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bolton didn't dominate, but for some reason we played their game. They wanted the ball in the air and that was exactly what we did. We needed to get the ball on the floor. We looked a lot better with Elano and Caicedo on the pitch on 60 minutes. We just couldn't cut them open.

The referee was awful. Nolan should have gone for a two footed lunge on Corluka. After that Bolton were constantly fouling, but there were no bookings to discourage them. At one point Stelios blatantly punched Johnson in the chest in front of the referee, but the bottled it and didn't even book him.

This was definitely a missed oppurtunity though. Villa and Pompey lost, and we could have gone sixth. Still with those two losing, we're even closer now, so we could view it as at least a point gained rather than lost.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Very offesnive team, but for some reason it just clearly lacks goals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts