Xtratime Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
38,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A winnable match for a Cesc-less Arsenal, and vice-versa for Arsenal. I believe for once we can out-attack Arsenal, I think Robinho, SWP and Ireland can create a fair few chances today. The real challenge is defending. Fortunately Kompany is back, so we can dominate the midfield, and limit Arsenal's chances.

Probable XI:

--------------Schmeichel
Zabaleta----Dunne---Richards--Garrido
----------Fernandes--Kompany
SWP----------Ireland--------Robinho
---------------Benjani

Subs: Martin, Ball, Ben Haim, Elano, Hamann, Evans, Jo.

· Registered
38,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah, at the moment we're scintillating to watch going forward, when things come together. Robinho, Ireland and SWP are a fantastic attacking midfield trio. We need to find someone to play either AMC or AMR and a proper striker though to complete the attacking combination. Currently Vassel plus Benjani/Jo isn't working. If we can complete that, we'll be unstoppable at home.

· Registered
38,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Not sure, his club form is nowhere near that of his international form. He's like a German Darius Vassell. I'd rather see us sign Zhirkov. That said we need a winger now Petrov is injured. I dare say by the time Martin is fit he'll never be as important for us as he was. It's a shame, at the start of the season he was our best player, and was last season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.