Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chelsea coach Avram Grant will be hoping that goalkeeper Petr Cech has finally recovered from his ankle problem to be included in the squad to face Manchester City on Saturday.

Cech did not travel to Istanbul in midweek because of the persistent injury sustained in training.

Frank Lampard has recovered from the stomach bug that kept him sidelined following international duty.

midfield duo

Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson looks set to have midfield duo Martin Petrov and Michael Johnson available.

Petrov was suffering from flu and Johnson had a groin injury which forced him to miss last week's 3-1 defeat at Birmingham City.

Both players could feature in but defenders Michael Ball and Micah Richards (both knee) remain on the sidelines.

squads

Man City: Hart, Corluka, Onuoha, Dunne, Garrido, Jihai, Ireland, Fernandes, Hamann, Petrov, Johnson, Castillo, Elano, Benjani, Vassell, Caicedo, Geovanni, Sturridge, Isaksson.

Chelsea: Cech, Cudicini, Hilario, Belletti, Ferreira, Ben-Haim, Carvalho, Terry, Alex, A Cole, Bridge, Sidwell, Essien, Lampard, Ballack, Makelele, Shevchenko, Drogba, Kalou, Wright-Phillips, Pizarro, Anelka, Obi, J Cole, Malouda

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This will be a really tuff one and i really hope dosnt end up like during the previous time we meet , I dont really know what to expect this week coz we really haven't been consistent as of late any how 1-0 city lol

How do use think we will line up ???

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I just wish to see City go for it for once... play a proper 4-4-2 and have a go... I like Eriksson and even his main tactic is something to build on, but its not working with the current players and Man City need a change.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I just wish to see City go for it for once... play a proper 4-4-2 and have a go... I like Eriksson and even his main tactic is something to build on, but its not working with the current players and Man City need a change.
4-4-2 could be interesting:

---------------------Hart

Corluka------Dunne-------Onuoha------Garrido

-------------------Gelson

Ireland--------------------------------Petrov

-------------------Elano

-------------Benjani------Caicedo/Castillo/Sturridge

COULD work, but there would be no room for Johnson and would give Elano more defensive responsibilities.

What's up with Bojinov? When is he due back?

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
bojinov is like the smartest player ever, done shit at fiorentina and juventus and got payed shitloads of money and now isn't doing anything at city for a higher salary :D Gotta love the guy.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bojinov is like the smartest player ever, done shit at fiorentina and juventus and got payed shitloads of money and now isn't doing anything at city for a higher salary
HAHA lol but seriously i think this game could go both ways , i hope like deano said we try the 4-4-2 and see how it goes , we dont have much to lose , Europe is only a dream for us and were well clear of the bottom sides so lets give is a go

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
4-4-2 could be interesting:

---------------------Hart

Corluka------Dunne-------Onuoha------Garrido

-------------------Gelson

Ireland--------------------------------Petrov

-------------------Elano

-------------Benjani------Caicedo/Castillo/Sturridge

COULD work, but there would be no room for Johnson and would give Elano more defensive responsibilities.

What's up with Bojinov? When is he due back?
I'd be happy with somthing like that, although we'd need Johnson to play somewhere, even if he plays Treq and Elano on the right.

Anyway, this'll be difficult, not expecting anything.

Bozhinov is back in training now.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
still down at the 85th minute...

so far i've seen a few highlight clips including an absurdly brilliant save by hart. the answer to all of englands GK problems. Johnson also had a real nice run.

disappointing match but it seems like we attacked. i'll be waiting for MotD

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wasn't really expecting much from this game but i hate seeing us lose .

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Apparently it was our best performance in along time. We had them on the ropes for a long period before the second goal. Hart played very well too.

Onuoha's injury looks like a dislocated shoulder. Thank God Richards is back in training, we're really short at the back now.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Didnt see the game or the highlights so I will not critic this match :pp

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Well since he has left I have only really said City should have kept Bianchi once and that was after last week and I still say this and will do until Man City sign another forward who plays as a target man with his back to goal effectively. Bianchi wasn't the best player, but he was useful even still and there is no need to make this thread into a Bianchi one anyway... saying City should have kept him at least until the end of the season is hardly a crime.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts