·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think we should win this one 2-0 , i hope so anyway

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
at Birmingham its difficult. I predict a draw.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I think we can come away with a win here. They did have that freak result over Spurs, but they've slipped down the table since the turn of the year. We could win this one, but if we play like we did against Bolton or Wigan, we will lose. Hopefully the return of Hamann will help us. Unfortunately for us, Ridgewell is suspended, meaning we can't put Castillo on to embarass him.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Ridgewell is like Dunne circa 2003. Good defender, really gets stuck in, but too accident prone. He's not Titus Bramble, but he can be an accident waiting to happen. Just look at the number of penalties he gives away.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
I'm not saying he's especially good (although I do think he's decent), but he's better than the other dross we have at the back.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
I'd like to see Castillo do something more than **** all before I get too worried about him. ;)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Lost 3-1

Didn't see the match but i'm rather disappointed. Elano scored a PK.

It looks like we oupossessed them. Johnson didn't start?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
just saw the goals. what a shit call for their penalty kick. sun jihai and the birmingham player each went in just as hard as each other for a 50 50 ball...it's just that jihai was stronger. **** call IMO.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This was a poor performance guys i only watched the last 30 minz and we were bad .

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
3-1, absoultely awful. As soon as I saw Sun Jihai's name on the teamsheet I knew he'd do something like give away a penalty or score an own goal. The guy is a accident waiting to happen. Why bench Corluka? We had nothing in attack without Petrov. I don;t think 4-2-3-1 is working away from home. Elano is not performing on the road, so why play a formation to his strengths?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
3-1, absoultely awful. As soon as I saw Sun Jihai's name on the teamsheet I knew he'd do something like give away a penalty or score an own goal. The guy is a accident waiting to happen. Why bench Corluka? We had nothing in attack without Petrov. I don;t think 4-2-3-1 is working away from home. Elano is not performing on the road, so why play a formation to his strengths?
He got kicked in the head and had to get subbed off in the Croatia/Scotland match midweek, that could be a reason.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Even more now I think Sven should have kept Bianchi (he has been good for Lazio) and played Bianchi-Benjani upfront... they compliment each other quite well and it could be much more dangerous than the current tactic of Sven.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Losing Bianchi is the worst thing that Sven has done .

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Even more now I think Sven should have kept Bianchi (he has been good for Lazio) and played Bianchi-Benjani upfront... they compliment each other quite well and it could be much more dangerous than the current tactic of Sven.
I think you should stop grinding that axe. Benjani-Bianchi would be a useless combination.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts