Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of these absurd and brilliant signings, what the hell is our formation going to look like...?

With new signings such as SWP, Zabaleta, Robinho (WTF), Kompany, Jo...as well as Elano, Petrov, Johnson, Fernandes, Dunne, Richards, and Sturridge, there is no doubt in City's strength.

What's the best way to fit these stars into the team? I can't see Robinho, Elano, Petrov, SWP, and Johnson all playing at once.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Hmmm probably this:

-----------------Hart
Zabaleta----Dunne---Richards---Ball
--------------Kompany
SWP----------Johnson---------Petrov
-----------Robinho----Jo

However we can rotate so much we should never have any injury crises. We can play different systems. I expect that Jo will play up front with any trio of Robinho, SWP, Petrov, Elano, Ireland and Johnson playing behind him.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
-----------------Hart
Zabaleta----Ben Haim---Richards---Ball
--------------Kompany
SWP--------------------------Petrov
-----------Robinho----Elano---------
-------------------Jo--------------

Too offensive I know... but goddam :D

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Injured, he's due back soon. He'll still have a big part to play I think as we have two types of strikers/forwards:

Strikers - Jo, Benjani, Evans
Forwards - Elano, Sturridge, Robinho, Vassell, Bozhinov, Castillo, Caicedo

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I expect Sturridge will still have an important part to play. Only Jo, Robinho and Benjani will be ahead of him in the pecking order. He's surpassed Vassell now.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
wow city are looking strong, and gonna get stronger in jan.
i ws thinking the following kind of formation, just a thought, i think there will be a lot of rotation as you will have a good bench.

-----------Hart--------------
Zabaleta Richards Ben Haim Ball
-----Johnson Kompany-------
-------- Elano--------------
Wright Phillips--- Robinho
-----------Jo-------------

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
------------------Hart--------------
Zabaleta---Richards--Dunne---Ball
---------Johnson--Kompany-------
Wright Phillips---Robinho---Petrov
-----------------Jo-------------

Honestly I actually expect Robinho to be moved to the flank and replace Petrov maybe because in England managers have this idea that small flair players can't play in the center and are usually moved to the flanks for that reason. The good thing about Robson is he can play anywhere in front line.
Also Hughes could try to play with two forwards; Jo and Robinho allready know each other since both play in the Brazilian NT so this could work out beatifully. Because it will take them less time to get used to each other. SWP can be moved to right back; if needed.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Dunne too

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
After all that, City didnt buy an LB :( but the team is still good.

Hart; Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Ball; SWP, Kompany, M. Johnson, Petrov; Jo, Robinho.

Main Bench: Schmeichel, Ben Haim, Elano, Hamann, Ireland, Benjani, Sturridge and whoever else... Glauber, Onouha, Vassell, Fernandes etc.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
After all that, City didnt buy an LB :( but the team is still good.

Hart; Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Ball; SWP, Kompany, M. Johnson, Petrov; Jo, Robinho.

Main Bench: Schmeichel, Ben Haim, Elano, Hamann, Ireland, Benjani, Sturridge and whoever else... Glauber, Onouha, Vassell, Fernandes etc.
Where's Garrido. Noone mentioned him. Injured, lost or Ball better at LB.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I prefer Garrido, but Ball will play.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts