Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Isn't this suppose to be in the Transfer Rumours thread? He hasn't signed yet :rollani:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
This is more than a rumour Eddie, and we need to discuss a fair bit about Anelka.

Interista said:
Well It will be a big big blow to Man City, especially as he is the one saving them at times.
Not really, we play better without him IMO. Without him we went from 14th in the League to 9th, so theres obviously progress. The lad hasn't scored from open play since September. Out of his 7 goals this season 3 were penalties and one was a free kick. I feel he is a great player, but does not fit into our side. Ever since ANelka was injured in November we're played much better, and Robbie Fowler has looked like his old self. Whilst I don't advocate selling him, its not a blow. I'd like him to stay as the squad is small and if things are going badly we can send him on or replace Macken or Fowler if they're out of form. That said, we do need a replacement cos the squad is so small. We cannot rely on Fowler/Macken/BWP at the moment, as only Fowler is premiership-class to be honest.

Anelka is a cock for the way he treated City and the fans, but is a good player. I wish him look at Fener and thank him for what he did for City, establishing us in the Premiership, but he has been a liability for a year now. He has not scored many goals since limping off against Spurs in January 2004, and our survival was not down to him. When the chips were down it was Fowler and Macken who stood up and were counted. Look at the results we've achieved with these two up front:

City 4-1 United
Spurs 3-4 City
Arsenal 1-1 City
Portsmouth 1-3 City

These were good results that stand out, but there have been other great performances and wins that have stood out because we played well throughout, even if the result doesn't flatter us, 2-0 vs. Villa, 2-1 vs. Southampton, Chelsea 0-1 (dominated but lost), Bolton 3-1, Palace 3-1, Southampton 2-0.

So you can see we can do without Anelka, but need another striker. Maybe trade Bellamy for Distin and a few mil.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
866 Posts
Its good news for Man. City, probably his best move since coming to Manchester is this day when he has to go, Anelka F9u)ck off you CL dreamer, start scoring goal before openning your mouth!!!!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
The guy's a real Tosser anyway,Why would you want to go and playin Turkey over the Premiership?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Champions League football innit? Maybe if he finished the one on ones he gets every match we'd win enough matches to qualify for the champions league.

I say bring in Bellamy

~ The Green :rolleyes:ne

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Nicolas Anelka is from today on officially a Fenerbahce player...:)

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
The Green One said:
Champions League football innit?
We play UEFA Cup football :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Anelka has tickets on himself,City are better off without him.Look at a real gem SWR!

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Yup, you're right Schumy. I don't mean to offend them, but Fener is a step down. It is an inferior league and he is joining a side who will get 6 games in the CL a season. At least at City he'd be playing big teams several times a season and could still get in the UEFA Cup, where Fener will be next season after they come 3rd in their group.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Do you think Anelka will ever be able to stay at a club for a decent period of time? He's constantly moving!

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
No. If he thinks City are too small for him, I doubt he'll stay with Fener for too long, as they don't get far in the CL. That said, he has matured, even if he is still a sulky bastard.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Natalya said:
Do you think Anelka will ever be able to stay at a club for a decent period of time? He's constantly moving!
Well he's been to more clubs than DJ Bobo :pp ,The guy think's his sh*t don't smell.City are a great club,I simply don't see why he'd want to go to Fenerbahce for.KK is a great manager and motivator and playing in the Premiership is so exciting,Changing clubs every 6 months won't help your career then again this guy is something else.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i dont really like anelka but he is a decent player, and i think this move will be a mistake. a waste of a talent as far as im concerned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts