Xtratime Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Praise for Liverpool youngster
Liverpool striker Neil Mellor have received praise from reserve-team coach Joe Corrigan.

The youngster has scored 46 goals in all competitions this season.

Corrigan told Liverpool's official website: "There were some bright spots to come out of the season - particularly the goals of Neil Mellor. He has really come onto the scene over recent months and proved to everyone that he can score goals. To have scored as many as he did is a wonderful achievement."

Bring him on, Houllier:D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It is so nice knowing that our academy will always produce youngsters that will come through..

really really exited about Mellor..just like i was so exited about Owen, Stevie G and Fowler years ago....

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

Well this is where it gets confusing.. Should we give the young Mellor the chance and give him 1st team action.. or go on and buy a new multi million striker...

In my case I'd go with No. 1.. why?? we already have Baros and Litti who can cover for Owen and Heskey.. and Mellor would be a new dimension..

But, I don't believe GH would go for it.. I think GH is looking to do anything as long as he gets his hands (and Liverpool's of course) on some major silverware.. being the EPL or CL.. I think he can feel the fans expectations and the pressure would make him take the easier of the two options..

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'd go with Yasir. It would surprise people and people would probably write us off because of it, but we already have Owen, Heskey, Baros and Litmanen. If Baros is as good as he promises then we don't really need another striker. We could bring Mellor in if there are injuries as well. I say keep the strikeforce and spend the money on Damien Duff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.