Xtratime Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blood pressure problems brought Blazevic to a hospital
ZAGREB, Croatia, July 3 (DSA) - Former Croatian and Iranian national team coach Miroslav Blazevic has been transferred to a hospital in Zagreb due to blood pressure problems.
"I thought I was going to die", shortly commented Miroslav Blazevic after leaving hospital on Wednesday.
Optimist Blazevic, leaving the hospital also repeated his high ambitions with Dinamo Zagreb in UEFA Cup this season, as he believes to have strong team.
Blazevic's biggest success in career was bronze medal won with Croatia at World Cup 1998 in France.

dailysoccer.com

And I read that they need 25 million Euros for the stadium completion.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Yeah the stadium will hopefully be finished soon. Dinamo will need it for the CL next year! I suppose it will have to do for the UEFA Cup this year.;)

But it won't be 65,000. Apparently the plans have been changed and the athletics track will remain.. I think the new planned stadium will hold about 50,000 when completed.....in about 10 years!!:(

..nebo se plavi, bjeli se Zagreb grad, Maksimir slavi, prvi smo prvi sad..

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
Yeah the stadium will hopefully be finished soon. Dinamo will need it for the CL next year! I suppose it will have to do for the UEFA Cup this year.;)

But it won't be 65,000. Apparently the plans have been changed and the athletics track will remain.. I think the new planned stadium will hold about 50,000 when completed.....in about 10 years!!:(

..nebo se plavi, bjeli se Zagreb grad, Maksimir slavi, prvi smo prvi sad..
HAJDUK-SPLIT ;)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a shame that they changed the plans for the stadium.

They had a real world class design originally, hope the new one is good.

Are there any pics available for the new one and are there any new stadia planned anywhere else in Cro with accompanying pics.

Cheers

·
©
7,230 Posts
I haven't seen any pictures. What I have heard is that they will elevate the current ground which I take it is a cost saving operation so they don't have to make anymore grandstands.:(

I heard Rijeka is getting a new stadium aswell and Varteks are supposed to be finishing theirs off.

I think Croatia is relying on the Euro 2008 bid to get the money to build these stadiums but I seriously doubt whether the bid will be successful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts