Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else thinks so??

I'm a big fan and to me since last year Cicinho has proven that he can be the sub for Cafu in the Seleção. Look how important he is for Sao Paulo and how many goals he scores and how many assistance he gives. he is surely better than Belleti!!!!

And dont give that bullsh*t about that he plays in the midfield in Tricolor because he can defend too. Man, Parreira should give him a chance!!

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
As a SP fan you must have noticed that the SP players do not get called very often

I always thoght that somebody does a favor to them, as they have all their players during all the Brazilerao and Estaduais, while the other teams has to suffer the losses

Rogerio Ceni, for example, never get called

About Cicinho, i agree he is good, but Parreira is the shepherd of the holy cows

His time will come sooner or later , especially if we get a new coach for the NT

·
Registered
301 Posts
LUZ13 said:
As a SP fan you must have noticed that hte SP players do not get called very often

I always thoght that somebody does a favor to them, as they have all their players during all the Brazilerao and Estaduais, while the other teams has to suffer the losses

Rogerio Ceni, for example, never get called
Well, this is nonsense. It would make sense if Ceni were part fo our World Cup teams or a major part of the BRazil team and coaches spared him during call-ups for friendlies, but that's not the case. And you're conveniently ignoring Luis Fabiano - consistently being called up while playing for São Paulo.

About Cicinho, i agree he is good, but Ferreira is the shepherd of the holy cows
Who the hell is Ferreira and if you mean Parreira why do you think he won't give Cicinho a chance?

·
Administrator
30,934 Posts
Because Cicinho is too offensive and not much defensive (a problem shared by Mancini) and Parreira does not consider those players as option. Funny enough, Cicinho was superior here to both Maicon and Maurinho and both got chances.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Yes, but both Maicon and Maurinho are better defenders than Cicinho – because Cicinho is a very good winger, but a poor defender.

If we look carefully at how he plays, Cicinho is not really a rightback, he's a rightwinger. He has been a rightwinger for a long time; even when he played in Botafogo years ago for a short loan spell, this was noticeable – as soon as Cicinho arrived the manager (Abel Braga IIRC) changed the tactical system to a 3-5-2 to give room for Cicinho on the right side while providing the defensive cover that Cicinho himself does not provide. For the same reasons, Leão has to use the 3-5-2 in São Paulo because the best "laterais" he has in the squad, Cicinho and Junior, are both unreliable defensively.

And since Parreira prefers to work with a 4-man defense, Cicinho is not suited for Cafu's position, because the rightback in Parreira's system has a bigger defesive role than Cicinho is accustomed to. It's a pity for Cicinho and his fans (which includes me), but c'est la vie. :undecide:

In all ages there have been great players being left out of the Brazilian NT for one reason or another – that is the flip side of the abundance of talents we have: we always have dozens of top talents to choose from for the NT, but that very 'excess' also forces a lot of great players out of the NT... because there's no ROOM for everyone. :( Palmeiras' Ademir da Guia had few real chances in the first team during his peak years, for example... and there were many others, like Romeu (from Palmeiras and Fluminense) in the '50s and Pepe (from Santos) in the '60s. So even if Cicinho is left out of the NT, at least he'll be in excellent company. ;)

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Sorry about the misspelling of Parreira's name

Maybe it is due to the late night time when this was written

And I confess to be a little prejudiced about SP playeres not been called, as I remember at least one case when Rogerio saved the match for SP nad din not get called while other clubs missed some key players

I do believe tha Ceni is NT material and i did not forget LF, he was the only one that got called usually

Anyway, Garincha cleared the issue in his usual bright way, although some time I think that he could use a quick winger to break some bunkers, but as long a s Cafu can both run and defend it will not happen so soon

·
Registered
301 Posts
LUZ13 said:
I do believe tha Ceni is NT material and i did not forget LF, he was the only one that got called usually
It doesn't matter if Rogerio is NT material or not. I also believe he is. But for some reason he was not a part of most coaches plans, so it's just stupid to complain about him not getting called up if he rarely gets called up anyways.

Garrincha did explain pretty well why Cicinho has less of a chance, but, like Mancini in Copa America, I believe Parreira may give him a shot if he can during the Confederations Cup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts