Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Can a Fm please move this forum to the Managment Stories section, im going to start regularly writing about this file, and my quest for the EPL, and Champions League :D

Here is the Club landmarks since I took over :

Here is the Clubs History :

Some star players :

Uche Kalu
Bought From : Enyimba (Free)

Goal scoring machine in the Championship, with a Club Record 28 league goals in one season, and 32 goals in all competitions. However, every season he has played in the EPL he only nets 10 times. Clubs record scorer in European Competition. For Nigeria he hit 2 at the last World Cup and got the African Nations Golden Boot with 8 goals.

Marcio
Bought From : Cruziero (£6.5 million (Club record))

Brought in as I was in need of a strike partner for Kalu. In his first half a season he scored in games. In his second season he has dissapointed, but has a decent record with Brazil. North American Gold Cup top scorer.

Chris Fox
Bought From : Charlton (625k)

The set piece taker for good reason. He always seems to break through defenses, but rarely seems to score. He really brightens up play when he comes up. Bought when he was 16.

Callum McDonald
Bought From : Youth Academy

England Captain, and Dorchester vice Captain. He started at Dorchester when we were in the Conference National, and in his first 3 seasons he played in 3 different Leagues for the CLub, Conference, League 2 and League 1. Over 350 League appearances for the Club, after making 44 as a 16 year old.

Sean Lyons
Bought From : Youth Academy

Late bloomer compared to McDonald, and in the same youth generation. Really brings flair to the midfield, and also tracks back when he loses the ball, now a first team regular. Scored 8 League goals in the last promotion campaign. Stands up when needed, Scored last years goal of the season, beating 2 players and scoring a curler for outside the area with the outside of his boot :star:

Bjarni Jacobson
Bought From : BATE (150k)

Pure inspiration at International level for the Faroes, Captain and great scoring record aswell. For Dorchester he quietly runs the midfeild, but can come up with moments of pure inspration.

Adil Bell
Bought From : Watford (100k)

Flair player, innefective a lot of the time, but when on the counter he can exploit the space amazingly.

Tom Bingley
Bought From : Brighton (725k)

Rock at the back, for Club and Country. Played for 8 Clubs by the time he was 23, but settled in great at the Avenue Stadium.

Maarten Postma
Bought From : Birmingham (800k)

Future Dorcheter legend. I am shocked that he hasnt played an international yet. :eek:

Mark Spencer - Record Appearance Holder in the Squad
Bought From : Lincoln (Free)

Been at the Club since 2009, and played 5 years in the Conference National, Club captain, and breifly in the England setup. Brilliant crosser, and in his early years he could dominate a game. Brilliant attacking fullback.

Steve Douglas
Bought From : Chelsea (Free)

Same as Spencer, joied in 2009 and never out the team since. Has a great understanding with Lyons down the right, and will certainly not hesitate to go forward. Occasional positional flaws have cost him the Record Leage appearances out the players still here.

Jon Parker
Bought From : Luton (220k)

Stats may not look the best, but he is so reliable and consistant, and pulls of the gratest saves. Very underrated.

Ill put more info about them all later.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks mate, I just want too say thanks to everyone for thanking me (thats if anyone else does, and if they dont I just made myself look like a right muppet).

Just want to point one thing out, Tom Bingley does look like a chav, but I assure you that Chelsea have made no official approach for him, but they were interested last season.

I also want to say that the post above will be constantly updated with new facts, and new players.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Imo, I'm taking a small guess with looking at the players average, you aren't enjoying a great start to the season? Strikers barely score...

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Chris Fox - Legend

Chris Fox made a massive step to persuading Ciaran Roche to pick him Ahead of Clubs Record Signing Marcio. He put away two late goals in the match against Leeds United. The first a header from a Kalu cross, the second a stunning free-kick after Kalu was brought down 30 yards out. The win was a massive boost for Dorchester, who targeted Europe through the League for the first time ever, but have found themselves caught up in a Relegation scrap.

Man of the Match Chris Fox, who came on as a 66th minute sub, said he was delighted to make a contribution to the team, and hoped that me could finally start some more games.

Ciaran Roche said on the matter "Football, Bloody Hell," :howler:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Tanel said:
Imo, I'm taking a small guess with looking at the players average, you aren't enjoying a great start to the season? Strikers barely score...
You guessed it, looks like a 3rd FA Cup is going to be the only way into Europe :(

I did origionaly target a top half finish, and maybe even a third season in Europe, the first via the League.

But look....

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Phil-ipping Heck!

Phil Rogers penalty miss, just after normal penalty kick taker Chris Fox, came off, cost Dorchester their place in the 4th round of the League Cup, leaving only the FA Cup as a realistic shot at silverware, and European qualification. Kalu was the undoubted Man of the Match for Dorchester, as he won every ball he was given, and capped the performance off with a headed goal from a Fox corner, later hitting the post with another header.

I thought I would use this opportunity to say that Uche Kalu actually is the reigning European Striker of the Year :proud:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
You should go with the writing style that you like best. Personally, I think it's fun to read about a team in 2023 where the players are regens, but it's up to you. :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Don't worry about the lack of replies, unless you are Tim you are bound to get few replies :pp

But seriously though, even if people don't write many replies, they might be reading it. And even if no one reads it, you can always go back and read it yourself in a couple of years time and say, "ah those were the days" :)

Just do like I did before, go wild, and write as much as possible :D

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Like I told Ed and others, you also have to look at the number of page views you're getting. Just because people aren't replying it doesn't mean that they aren't reading.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Yeah I'd say he'd do pretty good as a full back. :) Try him out there ;)

Ciaran said:
Cheers guys, ill keep this up as promised, and ill bring the EPL and Champions League to Dorchester! :D
Thats the spirit :thumbsup:

Dracula said:
Don't worry about the lack of replies, unless you are Tim you are bound to get few replies :pp
Btw, this was meant as a compliment. ;)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Bjarni Spurred On

Postma's first game for a long time at full back, and the team was never caught out on the break. Griffiths played very solidly at center back, and Kalu had a great game. Yet again a poor game in terms of goals for the strikers.

PS. New layout for the scores, do you think its better?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts