Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<<< Meanwhile, Roma have officially sold 29-year-old Luigi Sartor to Serie A strugglers Ancona.
The defender had been on trial at Birmingham City, but opted to stay in his homeland and fight relegation.
Sartor may soon be joined by Dino Baggio, although Paolo Poggi has now left Ancona for a loan return to his former club Venezia.
Parma have handed promising young striker Gaetano Grieco to Serie B outfit Genoa until the end of the season.>>

I just wanted to create a small thank you/appreciation thread to a departing member.
He wasn't no Roman legend, not even a great contributor, but I always respected Luigi Sartor for his class and intelligence and thought he should have got more playing time. He was a class act at Parma then kinda disappeared at Roma. Flexible, agile and smart, it could be said that Sartor was underrated. I read that off the field, he is quite an intellectual, always with his nose in grand books. Farewell Luigi and good luck. Ciao.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Ha Ha. That looser. He could have stayed with us and still be respected but he wanted more money. Ha Ha. Have a nice time with Ancona!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Shero said:
Ha Ha. That looser. He could have stayed with us and still be respected but he wanted more money. Ha Ha. Have a nice time with Ancona!
Hey get a grip! The reason why we was so eager to let him go was just because of his high salary.

Good luck Gigi!

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
enola said:
Hey get a grip! The reason why we was so eager to let him go was just because of his high salary.

Good luck Gigi!
True...:depress: If only he stayed and re-negotiate his contract...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I was very happy when he came to Roma, and he definitely should be kept until the end of the season, considering the situation at the moment with Walter and Chivu out!!!

He deserves to start in a team though and hopefully Ancona do play him!!!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Can't believe how little he was used at Roma, & how little we got for what was one of the best right backs in Serie A at the time:(

Poggi & Guerenko?:rollani: Good old fashioned business the Tanzi way:(

Good luck Gigi, I hope you help Ancona stay up.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good luck Gigi, I hope u help to **** up with Ancona all the way to Serie B. Together with the wife spanker Bilica.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
First off: longtime reader, first time poster. This will have to suffice as my introduction, if it's all the same to you guys.

So then, on to the topic at hand. I have a hard time understanding why this deal has been struck. From Sartor's point of view, sure I get that. But from the society's part, it's nothing short of ludicrousy really. Instead of keeping a very good wingback/winger as a substitute for Amantino the club's basically said "bollocks to it, we'll manage anyway". Considering Amantino is hardly the most consistant performer in the team, I could be happier.

Too bad for Sartor though that his career has come to a halt, he had a good thing going at Parma, and even had a great spell last year in Roma, which was some feat with all the turmoil going on. Hope things will go better for him at the Ancona Community for ex-Romanisti, with Di Francesco, Berretta and Poggi as his teammates.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sartor is a wingback. No way he could replace Mancini.

And if Mancini is not being consistent, who is being? Totti?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Mancini definitely isnt consistent

hes had marvellous moments in matches this season, but yet even in matches where he has produced 1 super great thing, he has done nothing else in the whole match. There has even been matches where he has looked tired and not good at all!!!

Our most consistent performers this season has been from Dacourt, Emerson and Samuel so far! Possibly Cassano also!!!

Sartor is a wingback who can replac Mancini, not in the first team but for injuries or when Mancini is tired!!! he is also a defender who is needed for these injured times!!!!

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Sartor is a wingback. No way he could replace Mancini.
Mancini is a wingback too, so you're contradicting yourself here.;)

And as Deano said, mancini is very inconsistent, for me he's our most inconsistent player this year, he had some amazing games and some in which he did absolutely nothing.

I am disappointed by the fact we let Sartor go, did we at least got some money for him? But Cap wasn't using him at all anyway(which is a shame, because he's a very good player, so in a way it may prove to be a positive deal, further reducing the wage burden for the club.

·
Registered
58,015 Posts
So Ancona have got Jardel and Sartor. Interesting.

Question to Romanisti..Who can replace Mancini at RWB ?

Tommasi ?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nerazzuri4life said:
So Ancona have got Jardel and Sartor. Interesting.

Question to Romanisti..Who can replace Mancini at RWB ?

Tommasi ?
Thats what I've been saying for quite some time. No one can replace him, some people say Tommasi, Panucci and even Sartor... bullshit, we need someone who plays as a right half, someone also fast and energic. If Mancini gets injuried, I dont know what will be of us...

·
Registered
58,015 Posts
Boomer said:
Thats what I've been saying for quite some time. No one can replace him, some people say Tommasi, Panucci and even Sartor... bullshit, we need someone who plays as a right half, someone also fast and energic. If Mancini gets injuried, I dont know what will be of us...
If my memory is ok, I guess Candela did play on the right last season. I recall him playing on the right against Inter at the Meazza [3-3]

He'd surely be a better option than Tommasi or Panucci.

"If girls like you, they ignore you,"
No, they don't ;)

if they don't like you, they ignore you."
DUUUUH :tongue: :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts