Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like that is it for co-ownerships between clubs. There won't be any new ones allowed and the current ones that were renewed or have one more year left will be allowed to be resolved by the end of next season.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
good. juve cant stop stealing all of the talented young players. it's enough that they have the refs.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
good. juve cant stop stealing all of the talented young players. it's enough that they have the refs.
In your Juve example here, I don't see how this helps. Instead of co-ownership, Juve will just own them outright and the less wealthy club won't even get a partial stake in the player, just an empty loan. At least with co-ownership both parties had the players future to be mindful of. To my knowledge, there is still no limit on the amount of players a club can hold the player's rights to, and that is the real issue.

If anything, the co-ownership (vs. loan) allowed the less wealthy club to benefit financially and not just scrape some results and then turn all benefit and progress over to the rich.

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
In your Juve example here, I don't see how this helps. Instead of co-ownership, Juve will just own them outright and the less wealthy club won't even get a partial stake in the player, just an empty loan. At least with co-ownership both parties had the players future to be mindful of. To my knowledge, there is still no limit on the amount of players a club can hold the player's rights to, and that is the real issue.

If anything, the co-ownership (vs. loan) allowed the less wealthy club to benefit financially and not just scrape some results and then turn all benefit and progress over to the rich.
They might want to splash less money on fringe Italian players...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
They might want to splash less money on fringe Italian players...
That's not what has happened in the other European leagues (regarding loans), but I guess there is no use arguing for co-ownerships since they're already gone. I'll just hold out hope that the less financially well off clubs find a way to not get abused in a loan-only system..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Not a fan if this so glad it's gone also

·
Registered
648 Posts
Juventus pushed the most for abolishing the co-ownership and were one of the teams who voted for it (Marotta said it himself back in April: http://www.football-italia.net/47437/marotta-no-technology).
Juve, Milan, Roma, Inter, Lazio and four other teams were pro-abolishing the co-ownership. My guess is that the other teams (the smaller teams) were against it, and that's why Abete said that the teams couldn't agree on a decision, so FIGC had to decide in the end.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Not such good news for mid-lower table Serie A and lower league teams who otherwise probably wouldn't be able to afford a lot of these players.
But on the other hand, without co-ownership, the smaller teams will able to keep hold of their potentially great players for a longer time and ultimately probably end up getting more money for them in the end.

The bigger clubs are probably not going to raid the smallers clubs talent as massively after this, unless its someone truly special.

The real problem with removing co-ownership is the max 2 non-eu player rule. Removing co-ownership would naturally lead to more foreigners joining serie a, the non-eu limitations in italy is not being beneficial for the league.

Serie a needs more and better foreigners to really grow back to being a top league, removing co-ownership helps, but ultimately without removing the non-eu limitations or atleast adjust it, it wont matter that much.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
But on the other hand, without co-ownership, the smaller teams will able to keep hold of their potentially great players for a longer time and ultimately probably end up getting more money for them in the end.

The bigger clubs are probably not going to raid the smallers clubs talent as massively after this, unless its someone truly special.

I hope your view of how this will turn out is correct. Though I don't think that's how it has worked out in other leagues.

I think the players who show potential, but aren't quite there yet, are where the smaller clubs make money to stabilize. This type of player comes around more often than the 'truly special' player. With co-ownerships they can sell half, which benefits them financially as well as 'hedges their bet' that he turns out to be great.

Sure, they lose out on some money if he does turn out to be fantastic. But more often than not, that player turns out to be just decent, and at least then they monetized the talent when they could.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Very happy about this

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Horrible for the small teams.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Terrible for Parma. I was a fan of the co-ownerships. This is only advantageous to the top teams.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think if lower teams start to concentrate on their own youth, rather than signing halfs from all the major teams this may end up beneficial to Italy.

Plus you can still loan a player.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think if lower teams start to concentrate on their own youth, rather than signing halfs from all the major teams this may end up beneficial to Italy.

Plus you can still loan a player.
I think the wealthy clubs come in and buy half of the youth player, more than the less wealthy club buys out half from the rich. Especially since there is no limit to how many players a club can have under contract.

A loan-only system has already been proven to be a poor solution for other leagues. The club who gets a player on loan has zero interest in the players future.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
I'm glad to see the end of it, it just complicates matters between clubs and a player's ownership.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts