Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.feyenoord.nl/domains/fey...2.asp?content=12790000010361_2_12770000000008

Almost official and the club he'll be joining are the Suwon Samsung Bluewings. It had to happen sooner or later since it just was not working out :( wish him the best of luck in the future!

The reported fee is apparantly 2,5 million euros according to Korean newspapers :eek: great money considering I was thinking he'd leave us for nothing. This is our Van Damme sale!

So what to do now? get a new right back or stick with Gyan and Bandalovski? Gullit said that the Bulgarian guy is for the future, so it might be better to get someone since we can't rely on Gyan too much. Maybe someone on loan for temporarily or an older guy? since Zuiverloon will be there next season too we must not forget.

Names? Kurt Elschot? what do you reckon. He's decentish and his contract is ending. Would be a typical Wotte signing :D

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Wow, that's what I call a toptransfer Johan Derksen. ;) Money would indeed be good too. If Buffel will also leave for his reported fee that would mean that you could buy another Lazovic!! ;)

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or better a Jean Donde :eek: :pp Lazovic might still become good.

2,5 from Song + 3,5 from Buffel. Indeed excellent money, but I reckon we'll still be tight with the money and as we remember, Niels Oude Kamphuis was on Wottes wishlist too a month or two ago, so we might be saving some of the money for his wages which no doubt will be high if he joins us on a bosman in the summer. Also rumours it might be a Brazilian RB called Paulo Cesar, but we as usual shouldn't get our hopes too high. It'll probably be Kurt Elschot :eek:

·
Registered
40,684 Posts
Adios Song! All the best to him and by all means, let the cash flow! :)

It wasn't meant to be for our Korean and it's probably best for his career if he goes home.

Gyan, Zuiverloon and Bandalovski remain. My pick out of those 3 (having seen 2) would still be Gyan. That is, if we don't sign any players.

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chivu said:
Paulo Cesar? I thought he was linked to us and not you.

Yes he was linked to a Dutch club but his agent didn't say which. The Brazilian media thought it was Ajax.
But a twist to the tale is that he is still property of Paris Saint Germain (only on loan to Santos) , so they could try and tempt us to get him for a Kalou swap as they were interested in him and we probably need a back more than you too.

But no need to worry, we'll no doubt get Elschot

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It's not confirmed, but it looks done deal to me. To tell truth, I'm really thinking that Feyenoord should give him a one more chance, or at least loan him. :moan:

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's official now. Song has agreed terms with Suwon and will join up with them immediately for a fee of 2,5 million euros. Probably the best thing I think, Seolkihyun, also since he also found it hard to adapt to the lifestyle here. Shame it ended like this after the way he basically completely marked out Figo in the WC. :(

On about the search for a replacement, VI says Gullit is now going to look at videotapes of an English based defender in case Cory Gibbs doesn't impress :wallbang: it won't be Arjan de Zeeuw since he just signed a new contract. The other Dutch defenders there are definitely out of our reach (Melchiot/ Reiziger) so who could it be? :confused:

it has to be someone who can slot into our first team immediately. My best bet is that it's Liverpools Stephen Henchoz who can leave the club and who a few days ago rejected a move to Rangers. From what I get is that he's a bit past his sell by date, though perhaps he'd be still good enough for the HCE. I'm not sure. I hope I'm wrong though and that Gullit will surprise us with someone younger and good with the 6 million euros he now has in his hands.:cool:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Wally said:
The reported fee is apparantly 2,5 million euros according to Korean newspapers :eek: great money considering I was thinking he'd leave us for nothing. This is our Van Damme sale!
:D absolutely !

Great deal, who would have thought.

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now if only someone's crazy enough to offer the same for Paauwe and Mtiliga :devil: :D that'd be something!

Just been doing a bit of searching and it probably won't be Henchoz since the reason he said no to Rangers was cos he didn't want to move from England cos of a pregnant girlfriend.

http://www.walkonlfc.com/news/jan05/stephane_henchoztwo.htm

I'm interested to see who it'll be. As long as it's not Pascal Cygan :D but the fact that we're using videotapes again doesn't please me. We all know what our last "videoaankopen" turned out to be (Bruno Basto and Jean) :eek:

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
chivu said:
If Buffel will also leave for his reported fee that would mean that you could buy another Lazovic!! ;)
We'd rather not buy a second Lazovic, cause we heard Wesley Sonck and Tom Soetaers are free to go :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts