Xtratime Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chuckle Brother Snr misses out on captaincy....

... in favour of St Michael Owen.

http://www.bbcsportonline/England/ChuckleBrother/=news=22

At the press conference the England Manager was quoted as saying that he felt that ".....Gary Neville needed to concentrate all his efforts on understanding the concept of the offside rule before progressing onto such complex issues as deciding heads or tails at the pre-match coin toss."

Sven also responded angrily to suggestions that Neville only got in the team on the back of his friendship to Beckham. He also denied that putting a member of one of the most inept defences in the Premier league in the International side was a big mistake.

:ass:

The Return of the Word.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Its funny that Sven said at the press conference that he wanted to see whether Owen had the leadership quality in him.He was the thirds choice behind becks and Campbell and wont be leading England for some time in the future,if at all that is.;)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
What a pile of bollocks!

He'd be the last name on my list to captain the Ingurland.

And it's not because I'm a 'bitter Manc'. Hardly. When they pull on the 3 lions shirt, they're all English to me, not Mancs or Scousers.
If it was Gerrard then I'd say ok, that's not that bad a choice, but that kin midget, are you having a laugh??

Rio, Gerrard, Southgate, Gaz Neville, Seaman, Martyn, etc, etc, etc would all make better captains.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Liebero said:

Rio, Gerrard, Southgate, Gaz Neville, Seaman, Martyn, etc, etc, etc would all make better captains.

southgate!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Gaz Neville??:confused:

paw:D

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
it says something about sven goran eriksson, in that he feels that the best player should be captain and should motivate the rest by playing well. personally my choice would've been rio, because there's no point in appointing a fringe player as captain.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just remember that Owen's only been given the captaincy for one game.

Beefy: Are you advocating that Rio should be captain from the stands ???? :confused:

Southgate is by no means a certainty for the first 11, so it would be stupid to make him captain, same for Martyn.

Owen is mentally strong enough to cope with the additional pressure and it wouldn't surprise me if he scored a goal or two tonight to prove his critics wrong. He is arguably England's most important player and he will command instant respect from his teammates and opponents alike so why not give him a chance ? I'm not sure that Neville would command respect from the players as they know he's in the team by default....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
" Owen is mentally strong enough to cope with the additional pressure and it wouldn't surprise me if he scored a goal or two tonight to prove his critics wrong. "

The Word Strikes Back!!

Told you so didn't I girls..... ? :D

P.S. Did anyone notice Chuckle Bro Snr go to sleep last night in losing Santa Cruz which nearly led to them scoring a goal ?

At least Bridge and Cole between them have sown up the LB berth which should hopefully mean that Phil won't ever get the opportunity to embarrass the nation again....

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Final Word said:
" Owen is mentally strong enough to cope with the additional pressure and it wouldn't surprise me if he scored a goal or two tonight to prove his critics wrong. "

The Word Strikes Back!!

Told you so didn't I girls..... ? :D

P.S. Did anyone notice Chuckle Bro Snr go to sleep last night in losing Santa Cruz which nearly led to them scoring a goal ?

At least Bridge and Cole between them have sown up the LB berth which should hopefully mean that Phil won't ever get the opportunity to embarrass the nation again....
Yeah

Owen scored a free header

He must be the greatest captain ever

Robbo #2

FFS

·
Registered
78 Posts
Final Word:

Hmmmmmm.

Seems to be a bit of copyright infringment going on in this post.

I seem to recall a much loved and well admired figure from the ITV message board was responsible for coining such phrases as "The Return of the Word" and "The Word Strikes Back"

You will be hearing from my lawyers.

Snoogans, Snootch to the Bootch Nugga Noontch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Me JuLiE: Sorry mate, but I kinda liked the phrases. :( So that's it then for you...... no more ITV and Xtratime is your new home ?

Liberace & Fred, I say Fred Elliot: Do you REALLY, honestly believe that Phil Neville should go to the world cup ? Genuine question now ......

Carra has his limitations I admit. He is solid defensively and is versatile at RB, LB & CB but what he lacks is an ability to get forward a la Ashley Cole & Wayne Bridge. Phil Neville is what I would call a ' trier'. Mind you his step over trick is a real killer....;)

P.S. Fred, that Maxine's a real minx , I said she's a real minx, isn't she ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Final Word:

The ITV situation was just getting pointless, besides, its kinda cool here.

Thankfully some others from ITV have followed so this place will be just like home before long.

"All it took was a Phat Cronic Blunt"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts