Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should he; shouldn't he? :star:

I personally think he's had a great season playing for a supposedly lesser club. He's always been fairly consistent and on this form alone deserves an Azzurri place more than the likes of Vieri and Del Piero. Granted we're over-subscribed in this area already, but this man still deserves at least a look. What do you all think?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Go for it. In the next game. Let's give him his chance and let's see how he does.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
But Lucarelli is 30 and we have younger centre forwards who have outscored him this season anyway (Toni & Gilardino) as well as Montella who is better than Lucarelli too.

Besides which, Vieri is ahead of Lucarelli in a goals/minutes sense, and he has more international credibility (even though he is mostly finished) than any of our other forwards.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Christiano Lucarelli ... he's playing like he always played... ( just on the last seaon in Toro he played shitty because Ciminelli and he wanted to go to play for his favourite team Livorno).
So for me,no surprise by Lucarelli, with Protti in Livorno they are the magic couple since last year in B...
But it's too late now maybe for a call...

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
I think he'll be 28 this year actually. But if he continues like this I want him in the NT, however both Toni and Gilardino (Our first choise) are doing better. Lucarelli plays for a average teams and he's their best player without reasonable doubt. He reminds me of Vieri some years ago, big strong and always on the right place.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nasty nick said:
He reminds me of Vieri some years ago, big strong and always on the right place.
I actually think Lucarelli is a player that tends to create his own spaces rather than feed on passes.. an invaluable trait to the NT. On this form, I would pick him over Vieri.

You guys are right about Toni and Gilardino though.. both young, extremely talented and hardworking. And then there's Cassano.. Montella.. the list goes on. Where do we stop? It's a happy problem though. :drunk:

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Actually, Toni and Lucarelli were born the same year. I'll have to agree that Lucarelli is better to create his own chances then Toni that is mostly a target player. We also have Caracciolo from Brescia born in 1981 could just aswell be a NT player in the future if he continue like this.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Caracciolo still needs alot of work done.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Caracciolo is a raw gem but needs to be polished pretty hard. I reckon a change of club would do the trick. Palermo could buy him next season and use him in Europe - then we'll see the real him. :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
nasty nick said:
Actually, Toni and Lucarelli were born the same year.
Nick, Cristiano Lucarelli is born in '75 and Toni in '77. :)

Maybe you're talking about Alessandro Lucarelli, since he's born in '77, but he's a defender so only Trap would play him up front ;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I like Lucarelli and I like his politics more than some other national team members (cough) Buffon (cough) but then again he's not going to get picked because of that and might not get because of them as (along with his age) as well. But I would certainly pick him above of Vieri, who's career is over.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Lucarelli's a good player. A player who really helps out the weaker, smaller teams. But once again there's just to many better forwards than him right now. Who would you leave out ? Gilardino, Toni or even Vieri which was one of the best in the world at one time. And would be a perfect situation for him at the next WC. Which everybody thinks he's finished. So he probably would have a fire in his belly to prove everyone wrong. Which he still is only 32. not the exact age you would consider a player as washed up or to old. But if there was some injuries to some key players then I would consider Lucarelli. Or Iaquinta who also impresses me. Ive watched Iaquinta lately and one Characteristic that really stands out is I've noticed that he is very quick and has good ball control for a big target man. A very good asset to have.

·
Registered
46,526 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
Caracciolo is a raw gem but needs to be polished pretty hard. I reckon a change of club would do the trick. Palermo could buy him next season and use him in Europe - then we'll see the real him. :)
I doubt that Palermo will buy Caracciolo since they already have Toni and just need a centerforward for the bench. My opinion is that Caracciolo could join Parma as a replacement for Gilardino, if Parma will stay in serie A.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
its good to have more options. in recent years, its only been vieri and he hasnt had quality back up. now with gilardino, toni, lucarelli...at least there is something to pick from if injuries occur.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Lucarelli has always been a forward for the mid-table teams or lower. Its not enough to prove yourself just for these teams. Whether he is good enough for the NT can only be shown when he plays.

For sure Vieri is still better than him IMO and if Vieri plays a full season in a Serie A team he is almost garaunteed 20 goals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts