Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Palmeiras Sign Bordeaux's Christian

01/20/2002. Brazilian side Palmeiras have secured the signing of striker Christian from Bordeaux. Reports from Brazil last week suggested the deal was imminent only for Bordeaux to stall the claims despite president Jean-Louis Triaud conducting negotiations.

The temperamental Christian joined Bordeaux from Paris Saint-Germain but was unable to develop his talents. He moves to an ambitious Palmeiras who have the 2002 Libertadores Cup clearly in mind. The striker is the 6th signing and follows Pablo Hernandez, Gilberto, Valdo, Fernando and Grafite.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I think Correia Dionisio CHRISTIAN was very disapointed in leaving PSG when we bought some new strikers..He did a wonderful season for us and I think it was very sad to see him leaving us...:(

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Christian also tried to botch the transfer to Palmeiras. You see, Palmeiras are a Sao Paulo team; Christian was born in Rio Grande do Sul, another state down south. He was revealed by a Rio Grande team, Internacional, and never lived elsewhere in Brazil.

Well, Internacional's most bitter city rivals, Gremio - kind of a Milan x Inter relation - are in the Libertadores too. And Christian tried to force Bordeaux to loan him to Gremio instead of Palmeiras, so he'd be with his family. For that reason the deal was almost cancelled. :rolleyes:

Guess Internacional's supporters won't like Christian so much n the future, either. ;)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
about 2 seasons ago he scored alot of goals for us and was playing brilliant...I think he lost his motivation when he moved to Girondins De Bordeaux!:confused:

·
Registered
248 Posts
come on leboeuf christian was already crap last year in PSG, he sure scored a lot of goals when he arrived in PSG but he got bad and it was a joy to see him leave to bordeaux for such an amount of money... Now bordeaux finds out he is crap, well what did they expect ? turn a slow and somewhat awkward player into a new ronaldo ? come on, it was a crappy buy for bordeaux and i am sure they are willing to sell it at any cost...

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I agree with Julien here.
Maybe I don't follow the French League that much but I read in one issue of "France Football" (at the time of his transfer to Bordeaux) that the guy had been a huge dissapointment in Paris... Christian himself admitted he sucked (don't remember his exact words tough :D) at PSG and he hoped to have a more succesfull moment in Bordeaux.
:)

Garrincha, your knowledge in Brazilian football is impressive ! :) As for your last sentence: clearly !

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Steph,
Your previous avatars with all these great ladies were a joy to watch...your new one is a pain to watch...;):D
Change it back man to a more attractive one, if you see what i mean?;):D

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
San_Siro_1 said:
Steph,
Your previous avatars with all these great ladies were a joy to watch...your new one is a pain to watch...;):D
Change it back man to a more attractive one, if you see what i mean?;):D
Only if we hammer Milan !!! :D :tongue:
Seriously now it's tradition !!! I put this "Go Juve" avatar during each match from my team !!!!

Go Juve Goooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Martin ! ;) We're avatar-brothered !!! :tongue: :D
So...does it give you an headache ? :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts