Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we've bought some Christian Maggio from Vicenza. Roma were also interested but we managed to get him. They call us "Unstoppable Parma" at Calciomercato. :cool: I just hope we'll be unstoppable on the pitch too... :D

More news. Verona have bought our half of Adailton and Seric so we won't see Seric at Parma for sure. This will give me nightmares about Falsini for sure. Hopefully we have something better up our sleeves.

We did buy their half of Gilardino though... :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Falsini was very good at Verona before he came to Parma. I think we should give him more time. We have failed to often to give players decent time to adapt. Amoroso is the latest example.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
And here was me thinking that Amoroso had too much playing time:rolleyes:

I'd rather see Junior at left-back, even if he can't defend :D

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Even if we have Falsini in the squad, a new leftdefender must be bought. I think Junior will be thought of as a leftmid more then a leftdefender next season.
Falsini can't be seen as the starter for the leftdef position. If he would play so good that he would overtake the position then that's good, but a new leftdef will be bought.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Maggio means bye bye Sartor. And he's hardly good enough for us.

We should get USA's Tonny Sanneh, what a player!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Well if you look on the WC there's been tons of great right defenders. Sanneh, Coly, Arce and Puyol to mention a few, although at least Puyol was highly rated allready before the tournament started.
But buying a player just because of a great WC isn't enough IMO.

A lot of these players have rose on the occation and plays over their ability.

About Maggio I don't know jack about him. If we and Roma are interested in him he should be good.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Parma focus on young blood Saturday 22 June, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma are carrying out their promise to rely on young up and coming Italians by signing 20-year-old Cristian Maggio.

The impressive winger made his mark at Vicenza last season and pushed his way into the first team.

Maggio is also captain of the Italian Under-20 international side that reached the Final of the recent world championships.

Maggio has made the move to Parma in a co-ownership deal with his current club in exchange for the Gialloblu’s remaining half of Paolo Guastalvino’s contract and just under £1m cash.

The Tardini side has also signed striker Alberto Gilardino from Verona. The Under-21 international has sealed a permanent move from the Stadio Bentegodi.

Verona, relegated into Serie B during the last campaign, have also taken up their options to buy Martins Adailton and Anthony Seric from Parma.

Meanwhile, Parma have loaned Brazilian forward Amauri to newly promoted Empoli. The 22-year-old has spent the last two seasons at Napoli and Piacenza.

Parma can already rely on the services of Under-21 internationals Daniele Bonera (pictured), Matteo Ferrari, Paolo Cannavaro, Emiliano Bonazzoli and Marco Marchionni.

-----------------------------

So, is he a winger or a full back?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
At Vicenza he was a right wing back. But I see him more of a defender than midfielder, though I believe he can actually play both.

Lets say he is more similar to Diana than Marchionni.

Hey, shouldn't we wait for the official site to actually say something?

And why the f*ck we let Seric go? Do they have a left back on hand? Probably someone playing still in the WC?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts