Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's on Napoli's official website. No word from Samp yet, it wouldn't surprise me if like with Quagliarella we announced a new signing on the same day (I'm betting on Donati and/or Da Costa).

No word on price, but I'm guessing it's in the 8-10 million Euros bracket.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Maggio :thmbdown:
Disgraceful of him, if Napoli is better for him than Samp...

Da Costa should join on loan with the right to buy his half at the end of season, from what I understood Corvino waits to finalize this until some new CD is ready to join.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, he's getting paid more, and much as I hate to admit it Napoli are more ambitious than us. Then again, it's also a notoriously high-pressure environment, which he might not cope with.

Anyway, from a purely financial point of view, we didn't have much choice but to sell someone, given that Garrone will not invest his own money on players. Sad, but true. Last year we managed to get 2-3 good players from Quagliarella's money (although the fact is that we won't be getting a nother Cassano-like player again..), so hopefully we can do the same here. I would, however, like to know how much he went for: it better be closer to 10 million as 8 would only mean a 4-5 million gain on what we paid Fiorentina, + that's what Napoli paid for Mannini, a player who'd previously never played in serie A, let alone score 9 goals!

From a formation point of view, it's a very, very big blow. Maggio's been crucial to us this year, and it's going to be very hard for someone new to do as well as him. Mazzarri's really going to have his work cut out over the summer.

Finally, a word on Maggio's agent. What a f**king tosser. First he goes round telling anyone who'll listen that big clubs are interested in him (to try to drum up some interest), then in the last few days he suddenly went quiet, saying that he hadn't heard from Napoli since January, and that he knew nothing about Milan's or Aston Villa's supposed interest either. BULLS**T! He was blatantly told to do this by Napoli so as to bring Maggio's price a little. I feel for someone like Marotta who's got to deal with w**kers like this every day.

·
Registered
46,338 Posts
You know what? I consider it a great move. I really doubt that Maggio could repeat a season even just similar to the past one. Surely the Club remembers what happened with Aimo Diana, whose value fell from 8 millions to almost nothing in one crap season (which became the normality for Diana). More, De Laurentiis seems good at wasting money so I'm certain that we got the maximum. And finally, I got annoyed by his agent.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree upto a point Toni: in pure technical terms Maggio isn't worth 8-10 million, and we sold him at a financially intelligent time. I'm sure Marotta does have the likes of Bazzani and Diana in mind, when we rejected big bids and ended up having to sell them for much less (or nothing). However, Napoli do play 3-5-2 as well, so I think he'll do quite well there, though w/o Cassano giving him assist after assist I doubt he'll get 9 goals again..

Of course only time will tell whether it was a good move or not, and the onus is now on Marotta to spend this money well..

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who r gawna b da replacemntz?any ideaz?
Most touted are Motta and Abate, but both are currently in half-shares which need sorting out first. Abate seems to have had a better season, even though Empoli got relegated, but I have no idea which one would be better in Maggio's position.

·
Registered
46,338 Posts
Meanwhile gazzetta, who yesterday mentioned 10-11 million euros to Sampdoria, today talked about "just" 8 million euros.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i like your analysis bogliaschino .

i do like and respect napoli team , but we know that they won`t be in big competitions , games as samp will be in next season . so , samp is more ambitious side than napoli . :)

Anyway, from a purely financial point of view, we didn't have much choice but to sell someone, given that Garrone will not invest his own money on players. Sad, but true. Last year we managed to get 2-3 good players from Quagliarella's money (although the fact is that we won't be getting a nother Cassano-like player again..), so hopefully we can do the same here. I would, however, like to know how much he went for: it better be closer to 10 million as 8 would only mean a 4-5 million gain on what we paid Fiorentina, + that's what Napoli paid for Mannini, a player who'd previously never played in serie A, let alone score 9 goals!
i don`t know whether i consider that as problem in samp management or not . to sell your best players in the last 2 seasons is something to worry their fans . Ok , you replaced Quagliareall with Cassano , but sometimes you need to keep your team building not to rebuild every season once again .
if chairman and mazzari can bring who is better than Maggio , then fans will forget Maggio as they did with Quarli , otherwise he will piss off samp supporters so much . :notlist:

From a formation point of view, it's a very, very big blow. Maggio's been crucial to us this year, and it's going to be very hard for someone new to do as well as him. Mazzarri's really going to have his work cut out over the summer.
yup , agreed . :)

Finally, a word on Maggio's agent. What a f**king tosser. First he goes round telling anyone who'll listen that big clubs are interested in him (to try to drum up some interest), then in the last few days he suddenly went quiet, saying that he hadn't heard from Napoli since January, and that he knew nothing about Milan's or Aston Villa's supposed interest either. BULLS**T! He was blatantly told to do this by Napoli so as to bring Maggio's price a little. I feel for someone like Marotta who's got to deal with w**kers like this every day

never trust those agents :D :nono:

·
Registered
788 Posts
You know what? I consider it a great move. I really doubt that Maggio could repeat a season even just similar to the past one. Surely the Club remembers what happened with Aimo Diana, whose value fell from 8 millions to almost nothing in one crap season (which became the normality for Diana). More, De Laurentiis seems good at wasting money so I'm certain that we got the maximum. And finally, I got annoyed by his agent.
This couldn't be further from the truth

·
Registered
46,338 Posts
This couldn't be further from the truth
This is the point of view of the fan of a club who would hardly spend 8 million euros for Mannini and 5.5 milion euros for Rinaudo even if they could.
I'm a bit sorry that Sampdoria managed to get just 8 million euros from the sale of Maggio, but indeed I'm not sure that he is worth more than that.

·
Registered
788 Posts
This is the point of view of the fan of a club who would hardly spend 8 million euros for Mannini and 5.5 milion euros for Rinaudo even if they could.
I'm a bit sorry that Sampdoria managed to get just 8 million euros from the sale of Maggio, but indeed I'm not sure that he is worth more than that.
Tme will tell if the Rinaudo and Mannini deals were worth it. I think we paid a lot for Mannini and he was mostly hot and cold from January to May. As for Maggio, i feel we got him at what he was worth. I have no reason to believe that his form will start to dip, but maybe you know something i don't. He should have been on Donadoni's squad at the euro, and Lippi will most likely select him soon.

Just curious, why don't you think he can repeat his success of the past season?

·
Registered
46,338 Posts
Tme will tell if the Rinaudo and Mannini deals were worth it. I think we paid a lot for Mannini and he was mostly hot and cold from January to May. As for Maggio, i feel we got him at what he was worth. I have no reason to believe that his form will start to dip, but maybe you know something i don't. He should have been on Donadoni's squad at the euro, and Lippi will most likely select him soon.

Just curious, why don't you think he can repeat his success of the past season?
Cause in the past season the tactical plan of Sampdoria allowed Maggio to attack a lot. At Sampdoria he was often the real forward with Cassano launching him. Not even Bellucci had so many chances to score as Maggio had. I doubt that Napoli can reproduce the same tactical situation simply cause I think that Napoli have already too many players with attacking propension.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts