Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

can anyone tell me a bit more about these two players? What kind of position do they play, what are their strengths and weaknesses, ...

According to Belgian press, my team Genk is interested in them.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Fuchs plays on the left side and is able to fill this position in both defense and midfield. His main assets are his physical and mental strength, whereas his skill is not that impressive. A regular at the NT, he was poised for moves to Germany, so the interest of Genk surprises me a bit.

Schiemer plays in central defense, he's not too tall, but works extremely hard and his fighting spirit and good tactical sense made him a hero among fans. Bit injury prone lately, but next to Prödl (moves to Bremen) our biggest talent in defense.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Better forget about Fuchs, imo he's one of the most overrated players ever. He offers nothing special, scores from time to time (which is not that difficult in the Austrian league), but is always a possible source for horrible mistakes. I can't recall any international game with a good performance by him, but lots of games when he was simply painful to watch.

Schiemer on the other hand has quite good potential, despite being halted in his development in spring by some injuries. Good headers and he has possibly the quality to lead a team/defence, at least his passing game is not based on rushing the ball away, but on finding his team-mates.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
And Fuchs is way better in left midfield than in defense, where he got hopelessly exposed on a regular basis, when he still had to play it for the Austrian NT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts