Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baggies complete signing of Perry

West Bromwich Albion have completed the signing of former Tottenham and Charlton defender Chris Perry.
The 33-year-old defender joins the Baggies on a free transfer after being released by Charlton in the summer.

Spurs paid Wimbledon £4m to sign Perry in July 1999, and the player moved to Charlton in November 2003 after a successful loan spell at The Valley.

Perry, who has made more than 400 appearances in his career, has signed a two-year deal with the Baggies.

Perry is Albion boss Bryan Robson's second capture in recent weeks, following the recent arrival of striker John Hartson from Celtic.

Perry joins Curtis Davies, Thomas Gaardsoe and Clement in central defence

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Sort of player we could have done with, good signing for you lot.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Good player hope he can still cut it at the age of 33, playing in the Championship.

Bit of an oldie, was hoping for younger players.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I saw that pic first I never thought he could be 33 :eek: And I think age doesnt matter that much for defenders, look at Costacurta 40 :D
Watson-Davies-Perry-Robinson, seems a strong defensive line :thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I forgot to post in here when Chris left us. He was exceptional for us last year and the amount of suprised Addicks fans are plentiful. He was a consistant performer and although not the tallest he won so many headers and is a master tackler. I thought he was a fantastic Charlton player and i think your lot have got a fantastic player. Ignore his age it really doesn't matter, he can cut it in the Championship as he did so wll in the Premiership. How is he doing anyway?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Pretty good, everyone thinks we have signed a good one :)

You are right his tackles are great and hes always on the spot, reads the game very well.

We are live on TV on Thursday as we're playing Orient in the Cup away, I'm sure he'll be playing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts