Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma's Romanian young star defender Christian Chivu has come out pondering his Roma uture.The defender who has had an injury ravaged season,Has stated if Roma don't have a winning project he may wonder whether he needs to consider his future in the Capital.
This was on www.calciomercato.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
from channel 4

Chivu launches Roma attack Monday 18 April, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristian Chivu has raised doubts over his Roma future after criticising the outfit for a "disastrous" season.

The Romanian, who is a reported transfer target for both Inter and Juventus, has failed to commit his future to the club after a heated media conference on Monday.

"It has been a disastrous season but don’t ask me whether I am staying or not," said the left-back. "There is nothing certain in life. All that I know is that I have a contract here.

"If the club could give me guarantees then it would be simpler to make a decision but they have been absent so far.

"As they have been of late surrounding Matteo Ferrari. He’s been heavily criticised in these weeks but the club haven’t defended him."

The former Ajax player joined the outfit when they were real Scudetto contenders but he now fears that they even risk the threat of relegation.

"From now on we need to look over our shoulders because we are in danger of going down," added the player who scored in the 2-1 loss against Reggina.

"It is tough for a player who is used to winning to continue on this road. We need a project and require balance."

Roma have had four coaches this term and Chivu believes the loss of Fabio Capello in the summer was a major blow.

"Everything has happened this season," he added. "The first problem was that we lacked a leader. Last year we had Capello who helped with this but then he left."

Chivu also seemed to question the tactics of caretaker boss Bruno Conti, for continuing to simultaneously field Vincenzo Montella, Antonio Cassano and Francesco Totti.

"We play with a trident attack and that causes us to struggle in defence," continued the international.

"However, I respect Conti’s decisions. He is an important figure at this club and he can still do a lot for the future."

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Giallorosso_01 said:
He is 100% correct.
I could not agree more.Chivu,I wish we had 11 players like you,and we certainly would not be in the position we are now.Come on Totti,act like a Captain and speak out as the fans want to know why we are in the position we find ourselves.

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
well this makes me even sadder! i hope he does stay and commit his future to us and not leave cause then we are practically a relegation team if we keep playing like this.... :eyepatch:

·
Registered
13,124 Posts
He's right about most things, but not Ferrari. The club has stuck by Ferrari by starting him week after week - the strongest vote of confidence a club can give to a player.
Ferrari, like all the players, should be held accountable by the fans in Roma. It's not the coach's or management's job to message his ego after every error, especially when they become so common and tiresome.

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
well a true captain praises the crappiest player on the pitch at the end of a crappy game...chivu is really captain material!! he should have the arm band if totti is not playing he's a general in defence and can produce some wonderfull free kicks...i hope he does stay for a long time to come.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Everyone, including Ferrari, knows he's had a bad season, so when Chivu state the complete opposite it's not helping Ferrari. Consolation talk is among the worst things I know. When someone's beyond ugly you don't tell the person that he or she is beautiful.

Anyway, I feel bad about being negative towards Chivu. Enough of that.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The whole team has been flawless its just been Ferrari who has been under par this season or am I just talking out of my arse and looking for a scapegoat?

Bring back Bovo!!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Thoto don't you see it pal? I said Ferrari has been underpar but certainly not a scapegoat.

Not in my opinion anyway, Bovo or whoever would of probably done worse. Even Samuel would of had a hard time this season and made mistakes if there is a lack of organization. Mexes Dellas etc have all made more than a few mistakes this season so it not like one player is stopping this team from become a force.

For me the whole team has been underpar bar 1 or 2 players but just criticising one player over and over doesn't seem right for all the things that have gone wrong from the players to the managements to the fans in staduim, Not to me anyway but I don't really care what the masses think as they aren't always right.

Ferrari has been poor but not as bad as people are making out, And please don't tell me how Ferrari has unperformed since I haven't said he has had a good season but I could say the same about many others in the squad.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I could not agree more.Chivu,I wish we had 11 players like you,and we certainly would not be in the position we are now.Come on Totti,act like a Captain and speak out as the fans want to know why we are in the position we find ourselves.
thats really weird.. 'cause i remeber last time Totti speaks to the mdeia everybody was angry and saying stuff like Totti should not speak to the media 'cause that meake it worse.. Totti should stop speaking and start playing.. Totti has a big mouth.. etc..

and when Chivu is saying basicly the same thing it's like God's words!!!!!

Chivu might be right i agree.. but why go out and speak public why add more oil to the fire.. u have a problem be a man and solve it with the management..

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Conti Plays Down Chivu Fears
4/19/2005 2:39:00 PM
AS Roma boss Bruno Conti preferred to look ahead to tomorrow evening’s clash against Siena rather than cause further tensions in the Roma camp by responding to what Chivu said during yesterday’s press conference.
“In this moment we have to think about working. It’s better to put all other matters aside. I know Chivu, and what he said should be interpreted. Maybe it wasn’t the right time to say certain things, but I think he said them for the good of the club,” said Conti.

Yesterday Chivu had raised fears over a lack of guidance within the management, adding that it appeared to him the Sensi family was not offering him enough guarantees in order for him to remain at Roma next season.

"Let's allow the club to work in a calm atmposphere. I am sure they will do good things for the future," he added.

Conti also defended Antonio Cassano, who is going through a very difficult season that might end with his departure from the Italian capital.

“I am happy with Cassano. He is sacrificing himself a lot for the team,” he said

------------------------------

exactly like Conti said.. either Chivu speaks out of his care about the or not.. it wasn't the right time.. and one like Chivumentality and experience should know better unless he's trying to make excuses prior to a possible near transfer to a "more organized" side!!

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
hey now lets not jump to conclusions...it is a very difficult time for roma so things are said in the heat of the moment. maybe this will just go away if i close my eyes!!!....k ill shut up now

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
GamE_Ove12 said:
thats really weird.. 'cause i remeber last time Totti speaks to the mdeia everybody was angry and saying stuff like Totti should not speak to the media 'cause that meake it worse.. Totti should stop speaking and start playing.. Totti has a big mouth.. etc..

and when Chivu is saying basicly the same thing it's like God's words!!!!!

Chivu might be right i agree.. but why go out and speak public why add more oil to the fire.. u have a problem be a man and solve it with the management..
Everything is right with what you say if you are in a club that is efficiently run and organised.The problem with ROMA is there is no management.Believe me,Chivu is the sort of player that does not cause trouble.He has basically saw enough turmoil and rebellion within the ROMA camp that he feels he has to speak out about it.I for one ,want to praise him for that as no-one within ROMA is doing anything about it.Il Capitano is too pre-occupied with his wedding and becoming a father,Rosella Sensi should stick to running the financial affairs of the club as she has no clue about anything else and we are still awaiting the appointment of a GM.We desperately need somebody to take the bull by the horns and bring things under control,not sweep them under the carpet and build up a greater mess for a later date.None of yous dare criticise Chivu for caring and trying to sort the problem out.We do not need this situation developing next season,we need to sort it out now,once and for all.Really,Chivu does NOT cause trouble for the sake of it.He really is a true Captain unlike Totti who is not a man to control the team spirit and the players.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
There is nothing Chivu can say to the media to change anything(in a positive way, at least) that can't be changed behind closed doors. Complaining about the upper-management makes the club look completely amateurish(wheter they are or not is irrelevant). From making potential transfer targets think twice about coming here, to fans revolting, outbursts against the club could hurt us in a variety of manners.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
1 thing 4 sure

Chivu must take some FK's and Totti must stop shooting from 35 yards out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts