Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the bad luck doesn't seem to end for you guys. Really sad news.

AS Roma’s nightmare season had a new chapter written to it on Thursday as the club announed that defender Christian Chivu had to undergo another operation on his right foot, and will basically be out for the remainder of the season.
The Romanian defender broke a bone in his right foot over the course of the summer, and the initial operation intended to fix the problem didn’t completely work, so a second was carried out two weeks ago.

However also that operation, that was hoping to allow the player to return to action in January, didn’t cure the ailment as the former Ajax player, that joined Roma two summers ago, still felt a tremendous pain in his foot.

Hence the decision for a third operation that will put the unfortunate Chivu out of action until April if everything goes well.

From goal.com:
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=35519&progr=2

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well that basically means our defence will suck until the end of the season unless we buy someone in January who doesnt make silly mistakes every match!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
which is why I used the word 'unless' mainly because the only transfer I believe is Legro could come in exchange for Panucci :(

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Or we could be patient with what we have and stick to the 3 man defence. I said before that Roma shouldn't really worry about getting a spot in the Champions League but should concentrate on developing our young players and playing as a team.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
It seems that this season is going from bad to worse.I hope we have now reached the bottom of the pit.

·
Registered
894 Posts
at least this won't make a chnage to the way things are at the moment. Just means they probably won't get better

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Deano said:
which is why I used the word 'unless' mainly because the only transfer I believe is Legro could come in exchange for Panucci :(
That might be the only deal that you can do. But are you sure you wan't Legro to fix things up. He might be a good player, but he's not a problem fixer, and we all saw that last year with us.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Of course I dont expect legro to come in and change Roma! If Ferrari, Dellas and Mexes improve as a unit which I am still hopeful will happen... we should become better.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
i dont want Legro anyways...he can stay with Juve and with the 10 fans in the stadium watch the game from the bench.

Chivu...i just see it as a big joke...i find it hard to be pissed at him for being so stupid, but also to see it any other way...i just hope he gets better and returns 100% for next season...i dont even wanna see him this season.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Its not such a good idea trying to bring Lego in.The fans will not give him any room for error and if and when he makes a mistake,they will destroy him.If we were doing well,he might have got away with coming to ROMA.As it stands,the fans remembered that he chose to go to Juve when he had the chance to join us.We need stability and not always rotating the players.A new face in defence,especially a Lego one,could spark even more confusion.I mean its not as if his fellow players are given a confidence boost knowing he is playing!!!!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Life is a series of disappointments.
A very pessimistic philosopher once said that, and I'm finally beginning to understand what he meant :frustrat:
Primo - reporting from a "red" state. :yawn:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Roma suffer Chivu blow Thursday 25 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma will be without Cristian Chivu until April after he had more surgery on a foot injury today.

The Romanian, who went under the knife on Thursday morning, has hardly featured so far this term.

The stopper’s problems began in the summer after he broke a bone in his foot while on holiday.

Medics initially ruled out the option of an operation but Chivu’s rehabilitation programme didn’t go as planned.

The club decided to operate on November 9 after the player continued to complain of severe pain.

The former Ajax stopper returned to action this month but, after playing just a few games, has been forced on the sidelines again.

Early reports suggest that the versatile stopper may be at the disposal of boss Gigi Del Neri again sometime in April.

His Roma career could end soon after though as he has been linked with a summer exit to either Inter or Juventus.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Chivu targets top four Friday 3 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma stopper Cristian Chivu maintains that his struggling side can finish the season in the top four.

The Giallorossi are stuck in mid-table after a disastrous campaign to date but he’s remaining optimistic.

"We can end the term in fourth because the League table is so tight this year," said the Romanian.

"Gaining a Champions’ League place is a possibility if we can stay on the right road after beating Siena 4-0 last week."

Chivu is currently on the sidelines after a second foot operation but he maintains things are going well.

"I’ve had a few tests this week and everything is going as planned," said the left-back. "I have no comeback date set but I’ll return in the New Year and I’m hungry to play."

Another capital player who won’t be available until 2005 is Damiano Tommasi, following his knee ligament surgery.

"I hope to be playing again during spring even if it depends on my rehabilitation," he stated. "It’s tough for me because I just want to contribute.

"Nevertheless, boss Gigi Del Neri is making us into a compact squad and all we must do is simply keep working hard."

channel4

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
That sucks ass. :sigh: I say though that we don’t get Legrottaglie and stick with the D we got now. I like the 3 man defence and we basically got only Seria A to worry about. Getting Legro would be the worst decision ever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts