Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend any chillout music?

Anything along the lines of Gotan, Tosca or even the likes of Groove Armada. Dont mind if its an artist or a compilation as long as it has some nice beats.

Havent heard any of the recent Tosca releases and someone recommended Dehli 9 to me. Anyone heard any of their recent stuff?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Music I chillout to would be for example Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Electric Wizard, Spiritual Beggars, The Obsessed & Saint Vitus.

It still rocks, but it's nice & slow, & usually it has such a great groove to the music:)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Lovebox by Groove Armada is great for chilling. I used to like At The River but it has kinda worn out a bit.

Saltwater - Chicane
Shoot You Down - The Stoned Roses
Guitarra G - Afterlife
The Awakening - York

Are pretty good. But I can never listen to most chillout music and concentrate on the music, it's never quite intoxicating to me, as long as they play nicely in the background I'm fine with it.

If you want to chillout why not try Ben Webster. Nothing like a good dose of jazz to help you relax. :)

Kokomo and I Get Around by the Beach Boys are also great for chilling out. :D

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
>"So easy" by Royksopp.
>"No Communication, no love" by Charles Shillings.
>Jazzanova and their track "No Use".

The song name is 'London in the rain', but the name of the group I cant remember.

Thievery Corporation - many great songs by them.

>Airfix - "Stories".
>Playing 4 the city - "My heart belongs to daddy".
>De Phazz with "Crazy Mambo", "Jim the Jin" and some more.

I reccommend you, Hoseman, all the CDs from 1 to 6 of the "Hotel Costas" collection.

Hopefully helpful it was. Relax! :)

Light a cigarette, listen to the music, get coke from yer pharmacist-friend-of-yours, get yer woman and do yer job. As simple as that.

Ehm, well, it could go also without the coke, err... :D

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Royksopp are great.

Opera by Tosca is great.

Kyuss aren't what I'd consider chillout :) But yeah they're sort of chilled out metal - Gardenia's probably the best tune for that sort of vibe

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
red said:
Kyuss aren't what I'd consider chillout :) But yeah they're sort of chilled out metal - Gardenia's probably the best tune for that sort of vibe
You have to remember that compared to Cannibal Corpse & Decapitated that Kyuss really are chilled out:D

Honestly, it's music I chill out too, though not your normal, soulless Groove Armada rubbish:tongue:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions so far, if you can think of any more keep em coming. Have a few like Big Calm by Morcheeba which for me is a classic.

red said:
Royksopp are great.
I checked them out and I know their songs so will be getting the Cd with the Eple song. Will probably get the Tosca cd also, cheers.

xtc, never heard of the Costas cd so will see if I can hear some samples somewhere b4 deciding.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Hoseman said:
xtc, never heard of the Costas cd so will see if I can hear some samples somewhere b4 deciding.
oops, btw, excuse my spelling mistake as it is Hotel CostEs.

on amazon.com you could find track listing of the CDs and samples of few of the songs.

Also, you can also check on www.ftv.com samples of the fashion tv's cd for 2003, even though not all songs fit chillout mode, but only some of them.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts