Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 6857 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just though it would be a decent idea to have one of our own. We are a tight group of loyal Uke followers, but we do have interests other that football (hopefully). Here is a place to discuss other things like music, other sports, hobbies, what your mum cooked for dinner etc.

Vitaly

Side note: I plan to have a personal site up and running eventually (largely due to popular demand, lol) so stay tuned! It'll be mostly photos, videos, my hobbies, info about me, my family etc etc.

T

·
0 Posts
lol, alright. I already have one of those "my space" things on msn, I dont know if it could count as a "site" though. You have to have msn 7.0 to have it i think .

·
Registered
910 Posts
What kind of soccer career have you gone through?

Personally, I can play every position on the pitch at high level. I was originally a defenceman with club teams, but tried being a keeper for a year and it was successful leading my team to silver in the province aswell as making the senior team at school.

But I wanted to experience the glamour of goal celebrations and breath taking shots so I converted to striker and was quite successful scoring 39 goals and captaining my team to an undefeated season and gold in provincials. Then my senior year on the senior team I play as a defender once more, some highlites were scoring a goal from half and playing every single position in the final playoff game which we lost. Although I has named MVP at awards night.

I continue playing as a defender with a new club team, i'm not a fancy dangler but I can rip it. I'm a big guy, loads of power.. leader, physical. Speed is tremendously ridiculous but I do get slower as the game goes on. Stamina, endurance, left foot shot and first touch is what I am lacking.

T

·
0 Posts
As for me, I was a midfeild, but I found it too boring/tiring, so I changed to forward. I would say I have the same qualities as Kaczmar did, shot power, size advantage, speed...Only I would say I have quite good endurance and strength. Although, like every team from Cambridge, in every sport, my team is sh*t. I can forget about any provincial titles..hehe...as for school team, we didnt have one. I really only play soccer to stay in shape for hockey, although I enjoy Soccer alot....If I played soccer 24.7 i would never have the skill to play on the ukrainian national soccer team, although i can say different for hockey :D . Also, about the soccer, my left foot is pretty weak.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have flat feet, although I do have special orthadics to put into my shoe. As I grew more pressure was put of my feet and I only got the orthadics a year ago.

True-Kozak, why don't you go play in Toronto?

T

·
0 Posts
Toronto is too far :(....almost 1.5 hours by car. There is some good soccer there though...Its always funny when we play toronto teams...there must be 45 "toronto italia" teams...or all portugese teams...ive even seen some all chinese teams (and you better believe, there is ALOT of chinese in toronto :p ) ...There is one or two all ukrainian teams there i think, i would love to play on it, but its just to far...

T

·
0 Posts
@Kaczmar-Do you ever wear any of your uki jerseys to practice? Personally, I might if I can get 2 of the same jersey, but I dont think Ill ever risk ripping one of those jewels in a soccer practice :).

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I've played soccer since i was 7 i'm mad about soccer. I still play it now. I play rb but earlier when i could run fast i played sweeper. But in one season i played gk and then moved to striker. Yep wierd. I;ve only ever one mvp and one coaches award.

The thread will = lots of posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
True-Kozak said:
@Kaczmar-Do you ever wear any of your uki jerseys to practice? Personally, I might if I can get 2 of the same jersey, but I dont think Ill ever risk ripping one of those jewels in a soccer practice :).
I wore a Ukraine jersey once, big mistake. It got dirty, no more of that. I leave the jersey's at home. We have no Ukrainian youth teams here unfortunatly, although there are Ukrainian men's league teams.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I'm looking for real ukraine shirt. I think i mite able to find one on e-bay hopefully. I've got a real sheva top :D Ac milan that is

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
For a while ago when AZ played their UEFA Cup away game in Donetsk, the NOS (Dutch television company) made a documentary about Shakhtar... with on the background some kind of Ukrainian rock music, actually it wasn't really rock, but it was for sure Ukrainian (or Russian;))... and I liked it, but don't know the title, maybe you've got a suggestion what it could be?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Question and be honest guys, d u only support Milan cus of Sheva?:D
I've been an ac supporter since 93

True-Kozak DKM .. whats that?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Sheva playing on Milan is just a bonus - Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Kaka, Seedorf are all class players. I can't say I follow AC Milan daily like their fans do, but they are my favourite Serie A team.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dmitriy said:
Haha - I don't know becasue I can't even be honest with myself on this question! I have a soft spot for Milan, but mostly because of Andrei obviously. However, even after he retires I think I would still keep up to date with AC. Dynamo - Milan relations are also very good, so thats a plus.

You know how no matter what club you support, you have a 'big' club who you also follow, or at least keep an eye on in the latter stage of the CL for example? When I say big I am refering to the ridiculously rich...e.g. Madrid, Barca, Chelsky, Man U, Milan, Juve etc

So my big club out of that greedy bunch is Milan. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 6857 Posts