Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chile has definitively shown strong character if not attractive play. While the Paraguayans are their usual selves. Chile will miss Pizarro's creativity more in this home game than they did against the Charruas.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paraguay showed why they are a team to reckoned with and IMO the third best team in South America. Gritty performance and tough defense. The chileans were simply short on ideas despite having Pizarro and Mirosevic in midfield.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
did gamarra play well??

·
Administrator
29,339 Posts
Yeah, the lock of Paraguay defense did perfomed like old times yesterday.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I really expected a better result from Chilie in this game.

Was it just a bad game?

I know Paraguay is really good, but I thought at home Chilie would beat them, or at least tie.

Those dam Paraguayins just find a way to win sometimes, I know that feeling very well.

·
Administrator
29,339 Posts
Chile was too desperate and Paraguay defense well locked. That is what happened.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Chile controled the game and especially in first half had some good chances but Pinilla was trying to play funcy.Pizarro tried all over the game but he was forced to make longs shots that had no luck.Paraguayans had a sold defense and 2 chances,one of them became goal.Paredes was superbe,not only for his lucky goal but for his whole performance.

I was really sad after this unfortunate result that brings Chile in the same situation of WC2002 Quals: 4 games,4 points.Paraguayans no way were better but if they should take an award for their stability then draw was the best result.For me la roja must and can pick 6 points by the next two games in La Paz and Caracas.

*Salas!!!His handsome figure was once more in Estadio Nacional.Once more he was watching his teammates playing and consoled them in the end.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
If anyone knows how it is to lose to Paraguay, when you really shouldn't have its Uruguayins.

They have owned us the last few years, and its really has to do with alot of luck, because we out play them every time.

Guess you have to be good to be lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts