Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SANTIAGO, May 13 (AFP)

A Chilean wine-producer will launch a new wine before the kick-off of the World Cup on May 31 to honour former Argentine football legend Diego Maradona, it was reported here Tuesday./p
The label of the "Divino" wine will bear the number 10 jersey worn by Maradona when he almost single-handedly guided Argentina to glory in the 1986 finals in Mexico.
Wine creator Eduardo Arevalo of the Vina Huelquen group said that he hoped it would be on Chilean tables throughout the championship.
"They say that the number 10 of Argentina will not be in the stadia, but this isn't true, and here's the proof. At least it will allow people to toast," added Arevalo.
Argentinians will not however have the chance to sample the vintage as it will not be marketed there because of the economic crisis.
Some 50,000 bottles of the wine, described as strong, fruity and full-bodied, will be marked in Chile.
The Vina Huelquen group caused controversy when they launched a wine labelled "Capitan General" several years ago in honour of former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet.

:drunk:Salud !!! hic .. hic..:drunk:

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I wonder if we will get it here? Probably not. :(

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm looking forward to tasting that wine, hope i will someday...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts