Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While Spanish men believe that Slovenia is better than Paraguay Jose Luis Chilavert said his own things to Paraguayan media:"Spain who?They always play against teams like Lichtenstein,Andora and Israel and so they are in the World Cups.If they were in the South American group the World Cup would be only a dream for them"

I have to agree with Jose,don't you think?

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Well it's a rather risky thing to say, I wouldn't want to be him if Spain beats Paraguay on June 7. Maybe he is just putting the pressure on?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Kostas said:
While Spanish men believe that Slovenia is better than Paraguay Jose Luis Chilavert said his own things to Paraguayan media:"Spain who?They always play against teams like Lichtenstein,Andora and Israel and so they are in the World Cups.If they were in the South American group the World Cup would be only a dream for them"

Agree??? Yeah I'll agree that S.A qualifiying is more harder than European and it probably would be harder for Spain to qualify. But, to say that they wouldn't qualify at all is pure rubbish! Your going to tell me that Spain can't beat out teams like Uruguay,Ecuador,etc... Ecuador couldn't even beat Atletico Madrid the other day and Uruguay couldn't even beat the U.S. I definately don't think Spain would breeze through their qualifiers, not with teams like Argentina or Brazil, but too say that they wouldn't qualify at all shows how stupid Chilavert is. He should concentrate more on his team and not be so concerned about Spain. He seems to have a real inferior complex problem when it comes to Spain. Personally, I think he's screwing his own team, cause I'm sure Camacho and company will want to humilate Paraguay for France 98 and for Chilavert's moronic comments. He's just fueling them with his insults.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
PARIS, May 18 (AFP)
Larger than life Paraguay captain Jose Luis Chilavert may have twice been voted best goalkeeper in the world but he is equally famous for his goals, fights and outrageous comments.

Chilavert will sit out Paraguay's first World Cup match to complete his latest ban, four matches handed down by FIFA after he spat in Roberto Carlos' face after Brazil beat Paraguay 2-0 in qualifying.

The extensive list of his clashes includes once punching an Argentine journalist who suggested he had put on weight, fighting former Argentine captain Oscar Ruggeri and Colombian striker Faustino Asprilla.

Hardly the best track record for a man who has said he wants to be President of Paraguay when he finally hangs up his boots.

The agile but volatile 'keeper was voted South American Player of the Year in 1998, world 'keeper of the year in 1995 and 1997.

And even if his goalkeeping ability has declined in recent years,
he remains a huge personality on the pitch.

His greatest international performance came four years ago at France 1998 when he conceded just two goals in four matches as Paraguay narrowly missed the quarter-finals, losing 1-0 in extra-time to France thanks to a golden goal from Laurent Blanc in their second round tie.

At 36 the 2002 World Cup will almost certainly be Chilavert's swan song. Paraguay's Group B games are in Korea where they will take on South Africa, Spain and Slovenia.

The controversial 'keeper was swift to stir up ill-feeling against the team many feel will be Paraguay's chief group rivals, though the big man himself eveidently begs to differ.

"If Spain had played in the South American qualifiers, I am sure they would not be going to the World Cup," Chilavert told a Paraguayan radio station on a recent trip there.

"It's really easy to get through if you are playing teams like Andorra, Liechenstein or Israel," he added.

Chilavert is also hoping to add to his 50-plus goals tally amassed from penalties and free kicks throughout his career. The latest coming against Bolivia in a South America group qualifying match.

If he does he'll be the first ever 'keeper to do so in a World Cup finals match.

"I'm doing more than 120 free-kicks every day," he claimed recently.

Chilavert revealed a milder side to his nature when he toured the Japanese city of Matsumoto last month to pave the way for the
Latin American country to set up their pre-World Cup base camp.

He gave a lecture to some 400 students at a junior high school in the city, telling them: "Do your best in studies and sports," and recalling his childhood when his family was too poor to afford a pair of soccer boots.

He also signed autographs, posed for pictures and coached young players in dribbling and passing at the ground reserved for the Paraguay World Cup squad.

But it was not long before controversy flared up again when newspapers in Paraguay suggested he pressured coach Cesar Maldini into excluding midfielder Julio Cesar Enciso, with whom he has not seen eye-to-eye in the past, from the Paraguay squad.

In typical fashion Chilavert made an impassioned plea to the country's budding sports journalists not to follow the example of their incompetent elders.

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
Viva ESPANHA

I hope that Spain goes far this World cup??

I think were pretty simular pair of shoes...

Força Portual, e força España

We will rock our Groups and show great soccer

Our contries play very classy soccer.

Watch out.

All the best LUCK

From your neibours...:) ;) :D :cool: :tongue:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Spain and Portugal should meet in the quarter finals, I guess you're support for Spain will end there :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
Chilavert is always doing the same thing with his opponents and talking crap. It's the only thing he can do, due to his tiny brain:eek:

It's ironic that he bash us because we haven't acomplished many titles (we have an Eurocup though) while Paraguay hasn't won anything:tongue:

It's obvious Spain would qualify if he played in the South American group, we're one of the best teams of the World. This guy is simply an idiot. Maybe he's pissed off because he horribly failed in the Spanish League and he's playing in the French 2nd Division:D

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Chilavert is a punk, plain and simple. If we beat them, he will go on and on about how racist the Referee is against South Americans. If they win, it will be all about S.A pride. Not even people in Paraguay like this moron. LE21 pretty much guarenteed victory, and some of the Real players just want revenge after what he did to R.Carlos last year which deserved a life banning in my opinion.

This game we should win forsure, their is some what of a rivalry building here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Kostas said:

Spain has qualified vs mostly easy opponents, but Spain is a very talented team that will beat Paraguay and make Chilavert eat his own words. Besides Chilavert should'nt be in the World Cup, instead he should be in an angry management class. The guy is just infantile :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The truth is that Chilavert is getting angry quite easy but he gives a plaus to Wolrd Cup if he plays...

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Super Puyol said:

It's ironic that he bash us because we haven't acomplished many titles (we have an Eurocup though) while Paraguay hasn't won anything:tongue:

paraguay has 2 copa americas that would cancell out spains eurocup and give the advantage to paraguay;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
condor111 said:

paraguay has 2 copa americas that would cancell out spains eurocup and give the advantage to paraguay;)
Simply right.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
condor111 said:

The point here is that Chilavert is critizing Spain for not having accomplished anything in a WC. Well, neither has Paraguay, so he should shut his mouth. And his claim that Spain would not be able to qualify through the S.A rounds is pure idiotic. We all know that if teams such as Ecuador and Uruguay can qualify, Spain would not have a problem. Take away the top three or so teams in S.A and the rest of the teams are mediocre at the international level.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Mendieta said:

The point here is that Chilavert is critizing Spain for not having accomplished anything in a WC. Well, neither has Paraguay, so he should shut his mouth. And his claim that Spain would not be able to qualify through the S.A rounds is pure idiotic. We all know that if teams such as Ecuador and Uruguay can qualify, Spain would not have a problem. Take away the top three or so teams in S.A and the rest of the teams are mediocre at the international level.
has spain ever made the semis???

brazil also thought that they wouldnt have a problem they were proven wrong

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
mendieta

dont get me wrong i like spain in fact its the only team i support outside of south america in world cups

and i know chilavert is a pain in the ass he has had many run ins with peruvian players and teams

but on his day he is probably the most influential gk around

soain can and probably will beat paraguay
but the guaranis have the weapons to beat spain as well

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
really well there you go you do learn new things everyday;)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
With Chilavert being the big :ass: that he is ... and all things accounted for..nothing diminished how strong the Paraguayans are..I see them in the second round easily.

:cool:

At who's expenses ??? Slovenia's and S Africa's Of course !! :smileani:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
buwahhahahahahahahaha:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts