Xtratime Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read this. He can really trash talk.

"We're in a group very equal. We have many possibilities to advance from the qualifying phase. The whole world is talking about Spain. They are an opponent that we respect, but you have to remember that the ones that make the difference in the Spanish league are the foreigners".

He also went on to say that he believes Paraguay can reach the final. As if!!! How does he think his team will accomplish this mabye defending the entire tournament. I've always disliked this guy, he's such a loose cannon and he's always shooting his mouth off. Man, I really hope Spain squash Paraguay and put Chilavert in his place. After France 98, they think we're a joke. We really need to kick ass this summer!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well we always knew that Chilavert had a big mouth and is a jerk. So why worry about what he says? Lots of people talk crap, he is just another one. I'm not sure where he gets the idea that Paraguay will do anything this tournament though, they'll be lucky to get out of the group and then there is no way they go past the second round. He is a typical blowhard, don't pay attention to him.

G

·
He also went on to say that he believes Paraguay can reach the final
Paraguay to reach World Cup final? :howler:

Didn't England beat them 4-0 without Beckham, Ferdinand, Cole, Heskey, or Campbell lately?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Didn't Finland beat Portugal 1-4 in Portugal?

Friendly's don't mean jack but I doubt Paraguay will make it even to the quarters although they have a hell of a team judging from qualifying.

G

·
SPANIARD said:
Didn't Finland beat Portugal 1-4 in Portugal?

Friendly's don't mean jack but I doubt Paraguay will make it even to the quarters although they have a hell of a team judging from qualifying.
Correct, friendlies don't mean (how you put it) "jack".

But Paraguay haven't been any good since they qualified, and they leak goals.

Spain, they've definetely favourites from the group, but Slovenia pose more of a threat than Paraguay.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Correct me if iam wrong, but isnt Chilavert suspended in the first two games of the group phase cause he spat on Roberto Carlos? I think i remember saying to myself he would miss the match vs Spain but iam not sure....

And about Chilavert, he sais this sort of crap against every team. He did the same vs Brazil and Paraguay got their asses kicked 2-0 :D

·
Banned
110 Posts
you can hate chilavert all you like...but he is an excellent goalie, when on form, he is like a wall, gets bigger and bigger and never lets anyone stop him...(just ask france from 98 how much trouble they had trying to score on his goal). its obvious spain will have their work cut out to get a win off paraguay, however, they should do it. chilavert's arrogance shouldnt be taken too seriously...i doubt paraguay have too much of a chance of making it into the second round even...

·
Registered
54 Posts
He is a great goalkeeper - I remember seeing him win a Libertadores cup with Velez Sarsfield on penalites.

He is a total arrogant pr*ck - but that's what makes him intimidating to other players and increases his effectivness as a goalie. He's the kind of goalkeeper that you loath/dread as a player. That's not very positive but I would rather have a feared and hated goalie (Chilavert) than one who plays the role of comic relief (Barthez).

He will miss the game against Spain so I expect us to win.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,503 Posts
With or without Chila. Paraguay cannot be taken lightly.
With that in mind..... I will not be surprised at all if the Spain Paraguay game ends on a tie or a Paraguay win .

;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
hmmm

oh great, do you all have to mention the "mike tyson" of international football?

They say he will be a future president for Paraguay!!!

Since you love this macho man, the latest report has Chilavert
insulting Spain yet again this time saying:

He then stated that he would score a free-kick against Canizares
in the World Cup if such an opportunity arises....

he has much spare time on his hands to make such comments?

Personally, with all respect to a good Paraguay squad, Chilavert's words are those of a man who feels "inferiority" in comparison to Spain's team. He knows that Paraguay, although a decent team,
are nowhere near Spain, so instead of appropriately praising the superior rival (as slovenia and South Africa have publically done)
he insults us and hopes this can cause a negative reaction,
dont you see?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,503 Posts
Re: hmmm

mallorquin said:
oh great, do you all have to mention the "mike tyson" of international football?

They say he will be a future president for Paraguay!!!

Since you love this macho man,
Wrong....I dont like the :ass: anymore than any Spaniard on this face of the earth..And if you read correctly ....... I said With or Without him I still wouldnt take Paraguay lightly ...
Capice ?????

:lala:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
of course hes playing in the french second division. sure hes a good keeper but hes not as old as david seaman and hes got a first team spot at a top club.

the fact is that his comments is what spain want because were going into this tourniment to prove a point and with the right mentality.

when we beat them hell claim that we only did because he wasnt playing. he must obviously think well go far if he wants to score a freekick against canizares coz we wont play against him in the group

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: hmmm

colocolo said:

Wrong....I dont like the :ass: anymore than any Spaniard on this face of the earth..And if you read correctly ....... I said With or Without him I still wouldnt take Paraguay lightly ...
Capice ?????

:lala:
I don't think any Spaniard in his right mind underestimates Paraguay. In fact we don't even underestimate Slovenia. Spain always respects their opponents unlike this jerkoff Chilavert. He's got no respect for the sport or his opponents. What is he talking about anyways about scoring on Canizares??? As far as I know he's out for the first two games for his characteristically rude behaviour of spitting at Roberto Carlos. Paraguay can be a hard team to crack as they proved against Spain at FRance'98, however this time I think Chilavert will eat his words. He's actually doing the exact opposite of what I would do. He's constantly insulting the Spain team and players which will only do one thing, fuel them to kick Paraguays ass. All I know is if I was Raul and co., I would be wanting revenge on Paraguay for this guy's disrespectful and insulting comments.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts