Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is not very nice that separate threads have to opened so that football issues may actually be discussed. It is one thing have a parrot or 2 but not quite with a whole flock. Adopting a liberal attitude is well and all but unfortunately, some people just do not know when to stop. This is first and foremost a Juve and football forum afterall.

Back to the match, well, I thought the team played decently up till the 2nd half, when the pressure to get a result got to them. By no means the most deserving victory but rather, a lucky one. We have guys like Zlatan, Zala and Trez. Of late, any 2 or all 3 of them have been used to varying degrees of effect. One problem with our variant of 4-3-3 or even 4-4-2 is that only Camo crosses decently and with some consistency. In that respect, Zambrotta has been out of sorts while Zebina is just plain awful. IMO, Thuram was the best player out there last night, followed by ADP or Blasi. Olivera, as I've mentioned on several occasions before, has a suspect temperament and he's at it again. I don't know what's wrong with him but he celebrates like he has a serious point to prove and duly, stupidly gets a yellow card for it. He's been abrasive all season but last night, was just plain nasty. Why on earth was he thinking about when throttling Potenza not once but twice? If he can't behave himself, maybe he's better off at some other club which excuses such behaviour with passion. I hope the management disciplines him severely before it gets out of hand.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Great post Chinq, good thread idea too.

I am not that worried: Playing 3 away matches within a week is tiring, seems as if the players who ran the most (Camo, Zambro, Zebina) were at their worst.

Olivera is still young, he'll settle down. He doesn't fight with the squad or the coach (a la Cassano) as far as I can tell, so there's still hope.

Glad to hear ADP had a good match!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Hey guys, Congratulations on the win. Well-deserved. Let's hope you can beat out Milan for the Scudetto this year.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
San Siro said:
bla bla yada yada)
This coming from a guy who's team is coached by Ancelotti, and field one striker.

·
Historian
1,364 Posts
chinq said:
By no means the most deserving victory but rather, a lucky one.
chinq, didnt post in the other thread. Hope good talk of the match in this one, but this was not a lucky win. A lucky win is a Milan late victory.

The only thing certan is Chievo did not deserve to lose this game.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now, your ilk have just made yourselves a dedicated hole so just stay or rot there, we don't really care. Secondly, dispense with educating people of this particular forum as to what is / isn't important the way you deem so since that liberty was never yours to take. Lastly, you don't like the club but most of the residents here have done nothing / little to deserve this nonsense. I presume you're at least capable of making this basic distinction but whichever is the case, you need not bother in letting us know here. Now if you would kindly continue in the other threads, thank you.

·
Administrator
53,112 Posts
You dont need to ask nicely chinq,this thread about discussing about the actual game,not only a disallowed goal,moan you can in the other thread,were it is filled with your highly intelligent drivel,repeating the same thing over all the time.This is the Juve forum,and we got the right to discuss football matters on our own.whatever mention about the same matters again will be deleted.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I don't think that goal was that easy to spot, I surerly had to take some time to decide for sure that it was a goal and I surerly wouldn't blame Paparesta due to the bad angle he had. I already knew that most linesmen are cowards so I wouldn't be surprised if he "knew" it was in but didn't dare show it... I am on the other hand sad and upset by the amount of unfair victories you got this year.

Del Piero looked better than in a long time and while I wondered why he left the field you can't argue with succes. You played good only for the first half of the first half and I was sure it was going to be your normal easy Chievo game, but alas it ended up being one by the skin of your knee.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
A Terrible But Unintentional Error, Says Chievo Coach
3/14/2005 12:23:00 PM
Chievo boss Mario Beretta is convinced the error made by the linesmen that probably denied his team of a glorious win over Juventus was unintentional.
“If I had doubts over the honesty of the referees, I shouldn’t have picked to do this job. But yesterday it was simple to see that the ball had gone over the line, so there was a lack of attention on behalf of the officiating trio. All that was needed was to look at the ball’s trajectory to understand it had gone over the line,” said the Chievo boss.

“Now we just have to think to work and look ahead, even though I know it will be difficult. It’s hard to work intensely when you score goals and they’re not awarded,” he added.

Chievo have lost four games in a row, and stand only two points on-top of the relegation zone.

So, if the manager think that it was only a "mistake" and not intentional...why roma´s and milan´s fans are talking too much about this thing?.....i understand roma´s guy: you had a soooo disapointment season, thinking you have a top club team, when the reality said that roma is only a midtable one.....

I couldn´t see the game, only the last 30 minutes, and i saw a terrible game for both teams, in juve case, only with long balls we could reach the chievo zone, the lack of midfield possesion in this game was amazing...i´m agree that probably the team was a little bit tired, and i hope next game vs. Reggina, with a fit team and probably Nedved back, we will play a better football....but, at the end of the day, we gain 3 points, that´s the important...!!!

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
So, if the manager think that it was only a "mistake" and not intentional...why roma´s and milan´s fans are talking too much about this thing?.....i understand roma´s guy: you had a soooo disapointment season, thinking you have a top club team, when the reality said that roma is only a midtable one.....
Man, you are naive...Of course Chievo manager will says so, he doesn't want to be banned for a few games and fined thousands of euros...

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
buff said:
You didn't see your game against Roma did you?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
In the spirit of what chinq tried to achieve, moderators, is it possible to do "something"?

It can't be that every single topic has to be infected. It can't be that sore Roma fans are in every tread without offering anything meaningful, and that goes for all other breeds of fans as well. Just delete the oneliners, the complete morons, and leave out the critical posts with meaning.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
JKris said:
You didn't see your game against Roma did you?
Actually i didn´t.....and i´m agree with Glen and Ching, this isn´t the space to discuss this.....

Other thing, i know that probably most of juve fans aren´t agree with me, but i prefer the old 4-4-2 formations, we seems more organized and could have more ball control...with the 4-3-3 seems more like a 6-1-3, only with long balls we could reach the opposite zone....i hope that in next game with Nedved back we could use our traditional 4-4-2....

But, in certain occasions, the 4-3-3 formation could be useful, but i prefer to star a game with the 4-4-2...

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Rhizoid said:
This coming from a guy who's team is coached by Ancelotti, and field one striker.
Payman's accusation was in referrence to the"referees"....not our tactics. :)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Cacíni: I don't need to see you or anyone else contribute nothing but negativity in 10 treads simultaneously, weighing in with a big bag of NOTHING when we're discussing everything but referees too - only to create some sort of stir to take your mind of other things.

I accept that there'll be criticism, and for crying out loud, most of us have accepted both that the ball was over the line and that the goals against Roma were the result of ref. mistakes. You're in the Juventus forum - what do you expect? Calls to hang Carrarro and Moggi from the goalposts at Delle Alpi?

You on the other hand praise violent behaviour among your players, ignore the pattern of destructive behaviour among your fans, close your eyes to any and all calls going in favor of your team/against ours, and can't keep any kind of civility in our forum. Too bad. I otherwise enjoy discussing with you.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Glen said:
You on the other hand praise violent behaviour among your players, ignore the pattern of destructive behaviour among your fans, close your eyes to any and all calls going in favor of your team/against ours, and can't keep any kind of civility in our forum. Too bad. I otherwise enjoy discussing with you.
1) Yes, I happened to enjoy Cufrè bitchslapping ADP. I know I drop in pc points now, but hey....well worth it.

2) No, I hardly ignore the pattern of destructive behaviour among our fans - if it's anything I do, it's sharing my dislike for groups such as Boys, Tradizione Dist., etc etc. You'd know that if you didn't just make up the statement to have more to add to your list.

3) I said Ibra's goal was valid and should have stood, I never denied Cufrè didn't "deserve" a red card, nor that Dacourt's tackle shouldn't be merited with the same shade of red. So what calls am I ignoring?

4) Now now...when was I not civil with you? Even here, I have never been anything but civil with you. Nero (I take it it's the little run in's with him you're referring to?) I simply enjoy reminding of his 'higher level of brain activity' he claims to have, regardless of what forum I happen to be in. And if you think I should be coming up with blandishments dedicated to your club to earn the right to post in here - :). Won't be doing a volte-face anytime soon I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Gazzetta points: Chievo-Juve

1 Buffon G. 6
27 Zebina J. 6
21 Thuram L. 6
28 Cannavaro F. 6
19 Zambrotta G. 6.5
16 Camoranesi M. 5.5
20 Blasi M. 5.5
8 Emerson F. 6.5
25 Zalayeta M. 5.5
17 Trezeguet D. 5
9 Ibrahimovic Z. 5.5
10 Del Piero A. 6.5
24 Olivera R. 6

Did Camo, Trez, Blasi, Zala and Ibrah played that bad??

Seems like Zambro, Emo and DP were the better players....i think Oli received a 6 only for the goal, if he didnt score, he has to receive a 5 or less...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Cacìni said:
2) No, I hardly ignore the pattern of destructive behaviour among our fans - if it's anything I do, it's sharing my dislike for groups such as Boys, Tradizione Dist., etc etc. You'd know that if you didn't just make up the statement to have more to add to your list.
...and what is the reaction when someone, visiting your forum, says it's a deep seated problem at Olympico? Dismay, outrage, diatribes, diminishing the problem, diverting...
In other words not unlike what you'll see in this forum when, for the umptenth time, the referee card is drawn - often with a reason, and just as often without any sense of proportion, much less direction.

Cacìni said:
3) I said Ibra's goal was valid and should have stood, I never denied Cufrè didn't "deserve" a red card, nor that Dacourt's tackle shouldn't be merited with the same shade of red. So what calls am I ignoring?
Totti easily deserved red for three kung fu challenges and we were robbed of at least one penalty in the first half (before Canna's goal)..
add it up with that you've already said, and it's quite a bit for one match...yet it certainly didn't temper your overall conclusion that the ref. was aiding Juve all the way, did it? There was absolutely no end to the outrage... after a game where you had one shot on target - the goal, that was dubious because of the passive offside itself.
That game was littered with mistakes - yet the result is, with you, all the Milan fans (who are not without a motivation of their own) and the Inter fans who have a past to nurture to mention but a few.

Cacìni said:
4) Now now...when was I not civil with you? Even here, I have never been anything but civil with you.
It is hardly important if you're civil with me (not that I don't enjoy that) if you're eagerly contributing to the constant mud throwing in our forum as such (I dislike Roma, and there would be no better time to take the piss constantly, so do many other Juve fans here. I believe we aren't frequent spammers of your forum?).
You're not even on the same scale as the homphobe old gun slinger and others of course, but just the same.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Glen said:
...and what is the reaction when someone, visiting your forum, says it's a deep seated problem at Olympico? Dismay, outrage, diatribes, diminishing the problem, diverting...
In other words not unlike what you'll see in this forum when, for the umptenth time, the referee card is drawn - often with a reason, and just as often without any sense of proportion, much less direction.
If you mean that waste of space thread the ignoramus with a Capital I, Andrew, created, then yes, I reacted. But Glen, that wasn't about problems in our curva, that was an insult to the entire population of a city I happen to hold near my heart. It was an insult to friends, to normal people who have done nothing to deserve any kind of bad words, especially not from a tit such as him.

Anyway, carry on discussing whatever's worth discussing of your win.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Glen,

I was once told that the secret to keep away this swarm of Bees from our forum was to simply ignore them. It's worked in the past and I'll guarantee, give them no attention, they'll walk away. At the end of the day, I've become accustomed to thier accusations and snivelling....just can't be bothered with all the pullllaaaavaaaa.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts