Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we make it 4 league wins in a row? We've already got our excuses not to, but I'll spare you the details--Dae, you know exactly the excuses I mean--and I'll even try to overlook them. We're probably stillwithout Shevchenko who cannot play until the doctors say it is safe for him to do so. We've got to partner Inzaghi with someone who can also help to supply him. I have a feeling we're going to need all we can throw at the Chievo defense.

Abbiati

Chamot--Laursen--Kala--Maldini
Contra--Albertini--Pirlo--Ambro
Rui Costa
Inzaghi--Jose Mari

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
After today's result I will be happy with a draw ...
Though I don't think whether we win or not will make the difference ... sth has to be done for better days. It is true that a win is always the best medicine but I am just not sure with this managment ...

·
Registered
579 Posts
A draw is probably the best we can hope for.

This Milan team doesn't have a champions attitude that losses must be followed by a lengthy string of victories. We will be down on ourselves and the drubbing which is sure to occur in the newspapers tomorrow will not help, either.

Pirlo is the only Milan player against Dortmund that showed any kind of spirit which is sad. He seemed to be the only player that gave a damn about the red and black shirt he was wearing, although that's a bit unfair to Maldini who surely was giving his all. It's perhaps too much to ask a guy coming back from over 3 months out with a knee injury to keep up with players like Amoroso.

On Sunday, I think the team will lack focus and against a crafty Chievo-side we could get caught out. Abiatti will need to be on his game to preserve even a draw.

PREDICTION:

Milan 1 - Chievo 1

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Since chievos wingers arent much worse (maybe even better ;) than Dortmunds ones, I guess we will loose 3-0 at least

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
To be honest, it does not matter anymore. Dortmund gave us a thrashing in Europe and if we were to get into the CL next season, it would give us a false sense of hope that we are getting better. Fact is we are not.:(

paw;)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hopefully Rui will be fit (or he can alternate with Pirlo)

Jose mari misses too much, maybe let Javi pair up with Inzaghi and save Sheva for the second leg.

2-1 win for us.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Good luck to Milan i hope they Win 4-0:)

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
I also think it will end with a draw, since the players suffered a major boost after last night`s catastrophee.

·
Banned
302 Posts
hopefully we won't lose. who are we kidding. we suck. there is no moral. the players are dissapointed, the coach keeps saying we are improving while any sane person realizes that we get ****tier every match. it is not about players, how good they are as individuals, but as a group. look as chievo. that is how i want milan to play. that is what they should achieve, that is how they should play against chievo. i don't think we will win. but i can't hope otherwise

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
I hope they beat us 4-0!

Then maybe Carlo will get the sack

All u ppl predicting wins, DID U SEE THE DORTMUIND GAME?

This milan team cant beat my schoolboy team.

Lav

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The season was over long time ago, and the defeat against Dortmund only confirms the end of the season and Ancelotti.
A place in the CL won't console me in any sense. Even if we can win the rest of the matches and trash all the opponents.

I hate to say this, but, I also hope that we'll get trashed again so that everybody, including the fans, will get a wake-up call and start realizing that we suck big time. :(

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
Impossible to predict how the team is gonna react.. Let´s just hope that they´ll forget the 4-0 thrashing and keep working on the positive Serie A form.. Now is the time to show the spirit.. And to reach CL we have to win this game..

FORZA MILAN!!!

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
www.acmilan.it

--
ANCELOTTI'S INPUT

MILANELLO – “Let’s turn this page and get up as soon as possible”. This is what Carlo Ancelotti said to the kids, still understandably shaken after their crash in Dortmund. The league is a different story.
“ The value of a man is in his ability to raise again after he has fallen. We have to get up and start to fight again. We have the right stimuli”, the coach added.
Shevchenko, whose last match was the derby (Mar. 3), will be back, but Paolo Maldini had to stop again (because of a muscular strain). Ancelotti hopes that the kids will not repeat the mistakes they committed in Germany: “With Borussia we failed to cover our flanks, and with Chievo we’ll have to pay attention, because they are very strong from this point of view”. Chievo are very quick, and after a certain decline, they are now very strong again. In the league we won our last 3 matches and we have to go on this way if we want to reach the 4th place”.
--

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
www.acmilan.it

--
CHIEVO - AC MILAN: 21 PLAYERS NAMED

MILANELLO – Here is the list of the player named for the match against Chievo by Carlo Ancelotti. Thomas Helveg and Andriy Shevchenko are back in the group, while Paolo Maldini is out again. The Rossoneri will leave for Verona this afternoon at 5.30.

GOALKEEPERS: Abbiati, Fiori, Rossi

DEFENDERS: Chamot, Helveg, Kaladze, Laursen, Roque Junior

MIDFIELDERS: Albertini, Ambrosini, Brocchi, Donati, Gattuso, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Sereginho

FORWARDS: Inzaghi, Javi Moreno, Josè Mari, Shevchenko, Simone.
--

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I don't have any expectations from this game. I hope these bunch of losers don't make the CL as they don't deserve it. By not making it in the CL, then maybe, there would be a remote possibility of having a drastic change at the club come this summer. That's what's needed if the club has any true long term ambition.

FORZA CHIEVO!
Chievo-Milan 3-0!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Given our form and psychology at the moment, not all a surprise that Milan could only manage draw. And Rui Costa taken off with a limp, again!

I'd say FORZA MILAN but I think I've pretty much stopped caring.:depress:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts