Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EIGHT GAMES LEFT!

We are 4 points ahead of Genoa and 5 behind Juve. Its Genoa-Juve on Sunday. And Chievo just got that 3-3 draw away to Juve. What can be more complicated and intriguing that this mini vicious circle?

Chievo, one word: Pellissier! His wonderful hat-trick against Juve not only cut all of their title ambitions (thank god; may they never win it again) but also promoted questions for a transfer when he said "I am too old for a big club". He is 30. The irony on one more level!

Chievo are 16, 7 points away form relegation but probably not so safe still. Their home record is 3-3-6 and have one more points away form home actually. Last three games WDD.

Current starting line ups according to gazzetta:

Sorrentino 28
Sardo 83 Morero 2 Yepes 33 Mantovani 4
Luciano 10 Rigoni 16 Marcolini 7 Pinzi 66
Pellissier 31 Bogdani 23

1 Dida
15 Zambrotta 19 Favalli 24 Senderos 18 Jankulovski
32 Beckham 21 Pirlo 10 Seedorf
22 Kakà
7 Pato 9 Inzaghi

NO DM! :wow:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Hugely important game if we are still after 2nd place as the games in our remaining fixtures aren't getting any easier after this one.

Midfield: Seedorf again huh? :undecide: I am not liking that midfield at all, who's going to defend?

Defense: Favalli - Senderos in the defence again, Thiago must be salivating, never in the 20 years I have followed Milan has the CB pairing looked so easy to break into.

Attack: I'm hoping it will be those 3, both Pato and Pippo are on relative highs

Forza Milan!

·
Registered
24,062 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
This is why we have some depth in the squad; so the same electn don't play every week until they fall apart. Flamini seems to be first choice now. Let's quit bitching every time somebody else starts.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I take that point, but who is going to contribute to the defense in the midfield? :undecide:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Guys, what have we learnt from GDS' prposed lineups so far? NEVER TRUST A LINEUP BEFORE SATURDAY :scream:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
true, but what else do we have to discuss before then?

Assuming that is the line up I have given my opinion. I'm hoping for something else obviously...

Chievo has only 3 wins and 6 draws in 15 home games, having scored only 12 goals. On the other hand our away record to the bottom 5 teams isn't exactly impressive. I'm hoping for a strategic counter attacking approach to the game, rather than all out attack. Pellissier poses a threat and we can't leave it up to Senderos alone to deal with him

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Discuss Bono and his love antics, dicuss the axis of evil, discuss AoY, discuss anything.

I'll start a discussion for you: I am horny.

Here we go. Discuss.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts

·
Registered
24,062 Posts

·
Registered
14,870 Posts

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
I won't hurt you, I promise :angel:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I take that point, but who is going to contribute to the defense in the midfield? :undecide:

My guess is Seedorf and Becks are asked to track more. Not ideal but they can do it.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
My guess is Seedorf and Becks are asked to track more. Not ideal but they can do it.
Agreed, not ideal. Especially if the tactics are attacking. If Chievo are brave enough to venture forward a bit and allow for some Milan counters, then it might work

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
There's nothing to discuss. Our boys sat at home doing nothing on a UCL fixture. Now they're itching to kick ass and Chievo is gonna be on the recieving end.
Someone make next gamethread.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discuss Bono and his love antics, dicuss the axis of evil, discuss AoY, discuss anything.

I'll start a discussion for you: I am horny.

Here we go. Discuss.
I am drunk, I am glad we are not in the same room :smileani:
Where are you?
Like I'll tell you that when you're horny. I have an honor to defend here :howler:
I won't hurt you, I promise :angel:
And I got a camera. And while what you guys are thinking it's way too disgusting I could pick up a couple of whores at the traffic light. All profit proceedings will go to Milan so we can help pay Dida's & Emerson's wages:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Agreed, not ideal. Especially if the tactics are attacking. If Chievo are brave enough to venture forward a bit and allow for some Milan counters, then it might work

If Chievo play an open game then both Seedorf and. Beckham could be useful in launching counters. Regardless they will have to win balls in the midfield to make anything work.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
And I got a camera. And while what you guys are thinking it's way too disgusting I could pick up a couple of whores at the traffic light. All profit proceedings will go to Milan so we can help pay Dida's & Emerson's wages:thumbsup:.
With the profits barra and I would generate, we can buy Messi and Gerrard :mute:

1 - 20 of 282 Posts