Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...if we lose again, I will never ever start a match-thread in this forum. hehehe :howler:

Nevertheless, a tricky encounter this one as we miss Foggia, Mauri and Rocchi (among others of course) and we are not high on morale either.

Under these circumstances, coach Rossi must have a difficult time making a good and stable formation.

I know I will regret this, but I want Simone Inzaghi to start (I can`t believe I have written this actually). No matter what happens, let him play from the start. This would be my line-up:

Carizo

De Silvestri - Siviglia - Rozenhal - Kolarov

Brocchi - Ledesma - Dabo

Pandev - Zarate

Inzaghi

So, give Lichtsteiner a break and make him ready for Catania on Sunday and give Dabo stricktly defensive duties given the attacking formation presented above.

Then, if we score and lead after first half, switch Pandev for Manfredini or Kolarov who would assist Dabo on the left.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Carizo

De Silvestri - Siviglia - Rozenhal - Kolarov

Brocchi - Ledesma - Dabo

Pandev - Zarate

Inzaghi
That is a very probable line up if Rossi goes on with the Christmas tree (or 4-3-3), although I guess at the end of the game the linesmen will have a pain at their flag waving arm if Inzaghi will play as his usual.
Otherwise, Rossi may goes the Juventus way, place a double wall before Carrizo wishing that the Wonder Duo creates some magic. In that case, I think Rossi would go for:

Carrizo

De Silvestri - Siviglia - Rozehnal - Kolarov

Brocchi - Dabo - Ledesma - Manfredini

Pandev - Zàrate

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
The ban for Mauri and Foggia was reduced to one game so they'll be available on Sunday, but tonight. Of the players mentioned here, Manfredini is out with an injury. Amir's line-up looks ok to me, with one exception. Instead of Inzaghi we can field Rocchi, who's included in the squad...

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We still don`t know the exact formation.

It appears there are still doubts over Rocchi as well as left and right flanks (in defense)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
The ban for Mauri and Foggia was reduced to one game so they'll be available on Sunday, but tonight. Of the players mentioned here, Manfredini is out with an injury. Amir's line-up looks ok to me, with one exception. Instead of Inzaghi we can field Rocchi, who's included in the squad...
Aye, Mauri and Foggia ban was reduced to one game but the club has to pay 20.000 euro (10.000 euro for each of the two games taken away from the players' ban... that's how Lega Calcio justice works towards Lazio).
As for the line-ups, according to Epolis are:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Damn, this Pellissier guy is so good that he is both on the bench and in the starting line-up. Add to that him being in my fantacalcio team...he will score at least a brace tonight, mark my words. ;)

If we play this line-up, a lot will depend on Rocchi and Dabo being relatively match fit...but even not too fit they can hardly be worse than the likes of Manfredini (unless we want to bunker up) and Makinwa. I'd actually start Inzaghi and use Rocchi later but let's see.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
And sure enough Pellissier opens the score. And we are playing some with crazy line-up featuring four nominal full backs and missing Brocchi. Not good at all.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Pandev! 1-1!

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Actually I don't think our line-up is necessarily a bad idea. Brocchi is a dud in attack and we have nobody natural to play left wing. Now both wing pairs have both attacking and defending ability, I'm really anxious to see how it works...

But obviously this was necessitated by Rocchi not being up for a full game, so it will most probably be just this one time.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I said it was crazy mostly because it was not tried before, not because I was sure it would never possibly work. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
By the way, our bench includes Rocchi, Makinwa, Inzaghi and Mendicino. Should cover our striking needs for tonight, I suppose, at least as far as quantity is concerned...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Rocchi in for Kolarov, let's see how a midfield of Lichtsteiner, Ledesma and Dabo will cope.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
So Rocchi is in 45 minute shape. Funny that after having unlimited trust in Makinwa in the pre-season Rossi now can't field him even for 45 minutes against Chievo, but rather changes the formation at halftime...

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Diakite in for Zarate. That's a pretty strange move...and Zarate wasn't too happy.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Actually it's Makinwa for Zarate, the gazzetta dello sport site made a correction. Can I kill Rossi now?

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
No because Makinwa will win this one for us. ;)

Yes, GdS had it as Diakite earlier...

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
This GdS guy is pretty messed up, now Rocchi came in for the second time...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL! Mantovani own goal (he is from my fantacalcio team, too ;)). Now, hold on, ragazzi!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts