Siena...............36
Chievo.............36
================
Brescia............35
Fiorentina........34
Atalanta..........31
---------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta v Messina:
UEFA spot up for grabs for Messina and im sure they wouldnt want to let all the southern glory go to Palermo. A UEFA spot would be unreal for them and im sure they'd fight tooth and nail for it. I doubt they will lie down and would see Atalanta as 3 points on the road.

Brescia v Inter:
Well what could be said of Inter? dismal season. We have seen them slip up in the past and slip up in style. They'd be after cementing their CL spot, another win would have them firmly in there. Although slim, if results didnt go their way they could lose it. Against a team like Brescia you would hope for maximum points so that Mancini could take an early not needed holiday.

Livorno v Siena:
Not a whole lot to play for here, the Livornese might take it easy. One thing on our side is that its at home for Livorno, who after last week, wouldnt want to let down their fans. A high table finish for transfers and respectibility ect is desirable. However, a win here for Siena would see them just about safe. Close game.

Parma v Roma:
They have what it takes Parma, but Roma also are needing points and are scared already of relegation. Im sure Roma will come out firing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE onto us:

Chievo have a safe spot to play for. One more win and a draw or so will see them just about safe, especially denying us points.

With 11,000 tifosi on their way, we will be there and make the spirit of Florence known. Last game they played hard in the face of good opposition however that was both at home and against a top class team which always seems to lift us. With the tifosi and the build up to this game, im hoping the team can pull off a good performance.

·
6,645 Posts
It all comes down to this.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Win is needed. If you win you climb out of relegation zone.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I expect Atalanta to grab the three points. For other matches, I'm not sure. Inter have been getting very positive results lately, so they will at least get a draw here.

Haven't seen Parma's latest match so I dunno how good they're playing right now, but since Roma are now officially the worst team in 2nd half of season, I suppose we can expect a Parma win here, which won't benefit us.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think Messina wouldnt give up three but Livorno would as they are too far out to be fighting for anything other than mid table obscurity. That would hurt, a win would mean another team above us.

Lets face it, the plays in the Milan game were positive. The defence was woeful, but the attacking movements were good. They can play as a team and i think last game was one of the only times they have. Being physically present at their games throughout Jan - Feb, they displayed none of this even when they won (which was all of like 1 or 2 times :S).

·
6,645 Posts
Have no worries people. We are going to make it. Fiorentina will play in Serie A next season.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jonas said:
Have no worries people. We are going to make it. Fiorentina will play in Serie A next season.
i feel it too, i think the players will come out firing. 11k tifosi on their way to chievo will uplift their spirits and show them what being a fiorentino is all about

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I can't see you lot getting anything in Verona to be honest...Chievo will come out fighting hard...

I think your fate will be decided in one of the the Atalanta, Lazio and Brescia games...this fixture will only be another loss.

Although if Chievo, Siena and Parma win on the weekend I think Fiorentina will be pretty much relegated not mathematically ofcourse. Fiorentina need 11 Di Livio's...to get out of relegation.

·
6,645 Posts
Even if we lose in Verona we're going to make it.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Chievo - Fiorentina

This once our defenders have to pull themselves together, even if they are without Dainelli. Jorgensen and Maresca will be decisive in midfield, both looked quite good vs Milan. Pazzini and Miccoli should start in attack, Bojinov on the bench (as usual).

Probable line-up:
Cejas; Maggio, Ujfalusi, Viali, Chiellini; Ariatti, Maresca, Donadel, Jörgensen; Pazzini, Miccoli

ALE' VIOLA!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
good luck boys :thumbsup:

btw - gazzetta.it predicts Bojinov will be on your bench, so maybe he can play in the match after all :confused:

·
6,645 Posts
Let's put it like this: Bojinov is our new Nuno Gomes.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts