Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chiesa ready to stay Viola Thursday 4 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enrico Chiesa has maintained that he is prepared to stay at Fiorentina after his move to Lazio fell through.

The Azzurri striker had looked certain to move to the Olimpico earlier this summer but the transfer collapsed after the two parties failed to agree terms.

The capital outfit wanted to sign Chiesa on loan for the new campaign but the striker wanted to be bought outright.

Chiesa met with new Viola boss Eugenio Fascetti yesterday where he stated that he would be happy to play in Serie B if no clubs came in for him.

"As far as the transfer market is concerned, my agent is taking control of that," said Chiesa.

"I am a Fiorentina player and next week I will start pre-season training with the side.

"If no one wants to take me on for the new season then I still have my contract here.

"I said before I went on holiday that I would talk to the club and we would decide on the best option for my future. And that for the time being is to stay here."

Chiesa missed almost all of last season after he ruptured knee ligaments in Week 5 of a season that eventually saw his Tuscan club relegated.

channel4 ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
The best news until now. I hope he ll stay.

Nice summer to all...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Juve have eyes on Chiesa Thursday 4 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are said to be considering an approach for Fiorentina striker Enrico Chiesa.

The Viola hit-man is still currently at the Serie B side after his proposed move to Lazio collapsed.

And although he has admitted that he is ready to stay with the Tuscan outfit, Juve could look to strengthen their strike force with the international.

The Turin giants are looking for one more striker after they released Nicola Amoruso and Fabrizio Miccoli to Perugia.

Coach Marcello Lippi currently has only four forwards to choose from in Alex Del Piero, David Trezeguet, Marcelo Salas and Marcelo Zalayeta. And the 31-year-old could produce healthy back-up.

Should the Bianconeri make an offer then the likelihood is that it will be accepted.

The Viola are still in desperate financial trouble and have already traded with Juventus in the last week when they sold defender Emiliano Moretti to the club.

However, there are still question marks over Chiesa¡¦s fitness after he missed almost all of the last campaign after he ruptured knee ligaments last September.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chiesa wants Viola promotion Thursday 11 July, 2002

Enrico Chiesa wants to stay at Fiorentina and lead the debt-ridden club back into the top flight.

The Viola were relegated last season after they sold a host of their star players such as Manuel Rui Costa and Francesco Toldo.

And although it had seemed likely that Chiesa would be one of the next players out of the door, the forward now says he intends to stay.

"I want to remain here, win the Serie B championship and get promotion back to the First Division," he stated.

"And whoever doesn¡¦t feel like hanging around and doing the same should basically just go."

The Italian international was close to a move to Lazio earlier this summer but that collapsed after the capital club only wanted the striker on loan.

Recently Juventus and Milan have shown interest but as of yet no bid has been tabled.

Meanwhile, new Viola boss Eugenio Fascetti is also hoping to lead the side to instant promotion.

"We know that a real battle is awaiting us but we must come out victorious," he said. "We will stay united, give our all and have no fear."

channel4 ;)

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Hurray! Is this a confirmation that he'll stay?! :happy:

That must be another delay in his transfer then...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Wonder what his form will be. He's old and comming off of an injury. Still, he was great just before he got hurt. Then again strikers seem to get a sudden drop off when they hit a certain age. Look at how poor Bati has been this past year (Argentina made a mistake playing him instead of Crespo this past June).

chris...

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Seem like Fio have loyalty player. Batigol stick with Fio when they are relegated, So did Chiesa now. Kinda sad that Fio is in such bad situation. Hope they could bounce back and show the world that they are still a force to reckon wif.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Transfers are open until August 31, I think.

Anything can happen before then.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Humbird said:
Transfers are open until August 31, I think.

Anything can happen before then.
Don't know the date either but there's still long time for transfers and I certainly don't expect anything...

·
Registered
46,974 Posts
I think that with Chiesa Fiorentina could be promoted even if the other 10 players were total s*hit (and this is not...)! Without him I think that Fiorentina has few chances.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Free agent Chiesa in demand Friday 2 August, 2002

The demise of Fiorentina has seen star striker Enrico Chiesa become the latest hot property on the transfer market.

The player, like his Viola teammates, is available on a free transfer after the club¡¦s financial problems saw them not included in the new Serie B campaign.

Reports in Italy suggest that the former Parma hitman is being seriously tracked by three sides.

Juventus are the current favourites to land the star as they look to add one more forward to their quartet of Alex Del Piero, David Trezeguet, Marcelo Salas and Marcelo Zalayeta.

Lazio are also in the chase after they made a move for him earlier this summer. It had seemed as if the deal was done before it collapsed after the Biancocelesti wanted the player on loan for a year.

While a third option for Chiesa seems to be Serie B promotion chasers Sampdoria, the club that he made his name with in the mid 90s.

Chiesa missed almost all of the last campaign with injury after he had undergone knee ligament surgery last October.

However, the 32-year-old is back in training and eager for the new season even if as of yet he has no idea which shirt he will be wearing.

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chiesa would join Samp Tuesday 6 August, 2002

Enrico Chiesa has revealed that he would consider joining former club Sampdoria despite their Serie B status.

The international is currently a free agent after Fiorentina were effectively declared bankrupt last week.

The former Parma man has become one of the hottest properties on the transfer market and he admits he has options.

"I’m not short of offers but I am in no rush to make my decision," he told Violanews.com. "I want to evaluate all offers to the best of my capabilities."

He added: "I’m getting interest from Serie A clubs, Spain and England but there is also a side that I would accept to play in Serie B and that is Sampdoria.

"Joining Samp would mean returning home and they have a serious project and ambitions. After all I was willing to stay in the Second Division with Fiorentina.

"For the time being I just want to concentrate on training and be ready for September. I’ll decide my future in the next few days."

It is believed that Juventus and Lazio are seriously interested in the hitman who had a market value of around £9m before the Viola’s dramatic extinction.

Genoa-born Chiesa made his name at Sampdoria in 1995/96 when he returned after numerous loan spells to score 22 goals in 27 League games.

That led to a multi-million pound move to Parma and then Fiorentina in 1999.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chiesa set for Spurs?
Tottenham have been offered Italian international Enrico Chiesa. The 30-year-old forward is available on a free transfer after the financial troubles at Fiorentina. Spurs are keen but manager Glenn Hoddle is worried about Chiesa's fitness, as the striker has been out for almost a year with a serious knee injury.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spurs court Chiesa Friday 9 August, 2002

Tottenham are the latest club to show interest in former Fiorentina free agent Enrico Chiesa.

The Italian international is considering his future after the Viola were declared bankrupt, leaving all their players free of their contracts.

31-year-old Chiesa has been in talks with Lazio, Milan and Juventus, but also suggested that he could return to Sampdoria, even if that means playing in Serie B.

Spurs are seeking a new star striker after attempts to sign Rivaldo and Fernando Morientes failed.

Chiesa, still recovering from a career-threatening knee injury sustained last October, has scored regularly with Sampdoria, Parma and Fiorentina.

His fellow Viola teammate Predrag Mijatovic is also looking for a new club. Reports suggest the Yugoslavian international is close to Spanish second division side Levante.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chiesa Interested In Move To Tottenham
Latest News | News Archive

Chiesa may be Spurs' next target (Allsport)
08/09/2002. Enrico Chiesa would be interested in joining Tottenham, according to the Italian's agent.

Chiesa is available on a free transfer following the collapse of Fiorentina and would be an ideal signing for Tottenham whose optimistic move for Real Madrid's Fernando Morientes looks to be over before it really got going.

His agent Vincenzo Rispoli said: "He would love to come to England. He could move to Tottenham but I need to speak to Glenn Hoddle. We have had interest from Lazio and Juventus, but nothing has been decided."

Chiesa, who missed much of last season with a cruciate ligament injury, has been linked with a return to Serie B outfit Sampdoria, who he had great success with before moving to Fiorentina.

soccerage ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chiesa offered three-year deal

According to reports Tottenham have offered ex-Fiorentina striker Enrico Chiesa a three-year contract. The 31-year-old Italian international is available on a free transfer and the offer is worth around £2 million-a-season.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's Inter Or Sampdoria For Free Agent Chiesa
Latest News | News Archive

Chiesa: The Decision This Week (AP)
08/10/2002. SoccerAge.com's sister site Rete.it exclusively revealed today that former Viola star Enrico Chiesa has decided that he will pick between either Sampdoria or Internazionale this week.

The prolific striker values playing time more than money and says that his heart's desire is to play for the side of which he has such fond memories: Sampdoria.

But, with Ronaldo's probable transfer to Real looming in the air, Inter chairman Massimo Moratti would like to replace the Brazilian with Marco Di Vaio and Enrico Chiesa.

With Ronaldo gone, Chiesa could get enough playing time at Inter (not to mention far more money) and that is precisely what Moratti is banking his offer on.

soccerage ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts