Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chiesa ready for Viola stay Monday 13 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enrico Chiesa has revealed that he is ready to stay at Fiorentina next season if he fails to secure a summer switch to Serie A.

The Viola striker has missed almost all of the last campaign with injury after he had undergone knee ligament surgery last October.

And although his agent Vincenzo Rispoli hinted that the player was almost certain to leave Tuscany this summer, Chiesa is focused on just playing again.

"In about a month’s time I want to take part in a practice game in a bid to prepare as best I can for the new season," Chiesa said.

"The new campaign will be an opportunity for me to get back to my levels of old – even if I have to do it in Serie B.

"Obviously it would be better for me if I was in the topflight. As to where well that really isn’t that important to me."

Despite his 32-years-of-age, Chiesa is still highly regarded in the Italian game and has been linked with a host of clubs such as Milan and Lazio after the Viola’s relegation.

The capital outfit are seemingly favourites to land him after the appointment of Roberto Mancini as Coach.

The international, who had hoped to be included in this summer’s World Cup, made his name at Sampdoria before moving to Parma and then the Viola in 1999.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
It will depend on how badly Mancini wants him. And how much money they get for Crespo's sale.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts