Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About time things liven up a bit here. And I'll do it with some good news:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina technical director Giovanni Galli has admitted defeat in his attempts to keep Enrico Chiesa at the club after Lazio agreed a deal to sign the centre-forward.

"Even our new coach Eugenio Fascetti asked him to stay but he's a Serie A striker and we can't keep him in the second division," he said.

Lazio sports director Nello Governato travelled to Florence on Wednesday for negotiations with Galli and the Viola's sports director Giuseppe Pavone.

They agreed on a deal that would see Chiesa join Lazio on a one-year loan contract for £1.6 million with the Rome giants having the option of a signing him permanently for £5 million when his initial contract expires at the end of next season.

Chiesa recently insisted he was prepared to see out his contract at Fiorentina but with Lazio willing to match his £1.9 million salary and the Florence club desperate to reduce their wage bill, he looks to have little alternative but to accept the Rome club's offer.

However, one aspect that could yet scupper the deal is Chiesa's fitness, as question marks remain over his condition following the serious knee injury he picked up last October.

Galli rejected the concerns, adding: "It's true Lazio have some doubts about Chiesa's physical condition considering his knee injury. But I'm sure he's back to his top form and he will play a great season."

·
Registered
429 Posts
I thought he would cost more - but the deal will cost just £6million altogether. Thats very cheap considering a player of chiesa's ability. I realize he is nearing the end of his career, but look at what roma paid for 3 years of service from batistuta!!!

I think its a very good deal for lazio. lets hope he finds his form once more, coz he really was amazing before his injury.

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
He's a fantastic player with incredible skill. And he's still as fast as ever, he was before his injury, anyway. If he can come back to that form, he's deadly and will prove a massive asset for Lazio. :)

:star:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Enrico is a fantastic player and i'm sure this is a great deal since if he gets injuired he is only on loan and not a permanent player at Lazio...

If he gets back to Full Fitness he will be very useful;)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I must congratulate u ppl, if the news is true. U are not only getting a good player to the team, u would be saving all the fans from losing Chiesa to serie B. :) A great player and I am sure he can fill the boots of Crespo.

But a big question mark is Can he regain that deadly form of Fiorentina, prior to his injury?? I would hope so.

Ciao

·
International
6,519 Posts
Finally some good news aswell... :sleepy:

Chiesa is a great player who allready proved himself in Serie A, and if he keeps the form he was on at the beggining of past season, he will be a great asset to Lazio.

I hope we keep Inzaghi and Lopez though.

G

·
I heard there are some problems over the wages.Chiesa does not want a pay cut but things are looking very good at the moment and chiesa seems to accept the pay cut.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Wage drop stalls Chiesa move to Lazio

Friday 14th June 2002

Lazio's loan swoop for Enrico Chiesa has been put on ice after the Fiorentina forward refused to accept a reduction in salary. "Enrico has one year left in his contract, and I see no reason for him to accept a wage-reduction," his agent Vincenzo Rispoli said.

"Chiesa has to be respected," he went on. "And so I say no to a loan deal. We are talking about Chiesa - not about any old player. If Lazio want him they will have to make a real offer to Fiorentina and to me."

Chiesa has long been one of the most-respected strikers in Italy, but many fear he will not be the same after tearing knee ligaments last season.

Rispoli, though, insisted that his man has returned to full fitness. "He has recovered completely from torn knee ligaments," he said. "He is fit and ready to play again. If Lazio want him, they will have to buy him, otherwise we will listen to other offers."

Rispoli, though, has not given up hope that a deal can be reached with the Biancocelesti.

"Lazio can't ask for discounts," he said, "but I'm waiting for new talks between Lazio and Fiorentina, and I'm waiting for good news. Other clubs want Enrico: AC Milan and Internazionale. I've also had calls from England, but Chiesa would prefer not to leave Italy."

Chiesa, equally, was optimistic a deal can be reached with the 2000 Serie A champions. "I'd be glad to go to Lazio," he said. "They're a big club, Rome is a fantastic city and I know how much their coach Roberto Mancini respects me.

"I am fully recovered, and I will be able to play from the first day of pre-season training."

onefootball

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Chiesa’s Lazio move on hold Tuesday 18 June, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enrico Chiesa’s proposed move to Lazio could be on the verge of collapsing after the striker refused to move on loan.

The Italian international wants a permanent move to the Biancocelesti, but capital director Nello Governato has publicly stated that his club are only interested in a loan deal.

Talks have taken place at Fiorentina between Vincenzo Rispoli – Chiesa’s agent – Viola sporting director Giuseppe Pavone and Fiorentina advisor Giovanni Galli, but an agreement has yet to be reached.

"We discussed a number of things," said Rispoli. "They told me what Fiorentina wanted and needed, while I alerted them to Chiesa’s wishes. Hopefully we can reach an agreement."

It was believed that a deal had already been reached after new Fiorentina boss Eugenio Fascetti confirmed that Chiesa would play for Lazio.

"The stories that Chiesa has been sold to Lazio are true," said the former Bari tactician. "Unfortunately Fiorentina needs to raise cash at this moment in time to make sure we can sign up for the new Serie B campaign.

"Tactical decisions are of a secondary nature for the time being. Sorting out our financial problems and balancing the books are our immediate priority."

Chiesa was set to sign on loan initially which will net the Viola just over £1m. Then the Biancocelesti could complete the signing next summer by paying a further £4m.

The former Parma striker nearly signed for the Rome side last September but decided to remain at the Artemio Franchi.

However, disaster struck as the day after he decided to stay in Florence, he ruptured knee ligaments against Venezia which saw him miss the rest of the Serie A campaign.

channel4

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Damn, whenever Milos starts a thread about anything things go wrong and we get screwed.. :fero:

:D:D:tongue:

I don't think Chiesa has much of a choice here though, because unless Milan come in and offer him the cash he wants, nobody would be willing to give him the salary he's been asking for and the one that he used to receive at Fiorentina( did he even receive anything this year? :confused::tongue: )

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
He;s a great player, skillful, fast pace, and great finishing, should be a great asset for the attacking... Forza Lazio!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts