Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not too optimistic about this.

Drogba has found some form again and they are now, where we should be aiming to be in 4 or 5 years time.

However, I'll go out on a limb and suggest a 1-1 draw. Robbeh is due a goal and Sunday could be the day. At the minute he is doing everything but score.

He'll respond to the stage and produce.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
FFS why am I so slow at getting threads going here.

I'd like to see us get a result here, I think there is an oppurtunity for it. They'll come at us, but if we can perform as we did against Liverpool at Anfield then a draw is achievable. Unfortunately both De Jong and Kompany are doubtful. I can't see us changing the team that lined up against Aalborg, although maybe we'll operate more defencively with Gelson coming in for Elano, and Bozhinov will appear on the bench as he wasn't registered for Europe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FFS why am I so slow at getting threads going here.
Coz yer too busy down the fekkin pub.....much to yer credit. :smileani:

Gelson ?.... oh please no..... I'm expecting one of NDJ or V Kompany back for Elano.

Boj deffo on the bench... maybe a start in place of Cake Dough, but given the goal v Aalborg, maybe the big unit from Ecaudor has earned a start ?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I think if we're trying to play on the counter Caicedo might be best starting, to keep hold of the ball up top and relieve some pressure on the defence. He only lasted 60 minutes last night, pretty much because he doesn't start much, so I imagine we'll see Valeri anyway.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
what a pathetic defense, as long as City keeps on giving goals like that forget about UEFA.

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
caicedo is terribly shit, screwed up most of the moves he was involved in with his bad touches

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Atmosphere inside Stamford Bridge is embarrassing.
It was again today. Loads of Johnny late-commers in there who don't know their elbow from their backside. Been to Stamford Bridge many times before but today was the first time I've sat in the home end. You could hear a child sneeze.

They're worse than Arsenal fans despite having a better stadium acoustic wise.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Actually Jibril, the Emirates has better acoustics, due to it's shape. It's the same as COMStad and the KC, they're both actually designed to keep noise in :rollani:

I didn't watch the game, I was at work. A bit of a meh result, I thought we could have got something but losing 1-0 isn't a surprise. It's just a shame we couldn't score against a big side again.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I didn't see it, but I saw MOTD without the sound. Looked like we were absolutely raped and lucky to get away with just a 1-0. Our defence looked terrible again. Far too easy to pass it around us.

Also, why do we never play teams during their crap spells? You can guarantee we'll always get a previously out-of-form team just after they've got a new manager and a new lease of life. Is it just my imagination?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
To be fair IWS, we do play teams during their crap spells. How many times have we played a team without a win in about 10 games only to be the side against which they finally break their winless streak?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts