Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it worry you?

it sure worries me. not in the way you think. i just dislike clubs that buy success, it defies the purpose of having youngsters, and searching for new talent/hot prospects.

money will be the death of footbal :skull:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
that's life though Swift,it has been this way for many years.

we are lucky,we have strong team to challenge the millions,just imagine we were Tottenham fans :howler:

no hope for them poor sods :D

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
If there is justice in this world.Chelsea will flop.As much as i hate it Man Utd are rich through legitimate ways not some billionaire coming in and trying to buy the league.

D

·
0 Posts
kat said:
Swift, do remind me, how much Arsenal paid for "home-grown" Reyes?
Less than Chelsea paid for such home grown talents as Parker, Mutu, Crespo, Makelele and Duff.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
King of the Kop said:
If there is justice in this world.Chelsea will flop.As much as i hate it Man Utd are rich through legitimate ways not some billionaire coming in and trying to buy the league.
Liverpool never spent £100 Million udner The Pigeion Houllier.

Great players like Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou, Heskey and Traore. Sorry for doubting you.

Then again Liverpool did flop :p Chelsea wont.

Your an idiot.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Less than Chelsea paid for such home grown talents as Parker, Mutu, Crespo, Makelele and Duff.

I'm sorry for Arsenal you forgot... these players that brought through the ranks.

Also Reyes' fee is more than any other chelse aplayer in history.

Henry, Wiltord, Kanu, Viera, Silva, Lauren, Toure, Silvinho, Alliadere, Ljungberg, Pires, Lehman, Sol Campbell, Edu..

All players bought, all quite expensive... Wiltord £13 Million? Edu £7? They're havin' a giraffe.

·
63,337 Posts
the Wiltord fee was undisclosed so only Bordeaux,Depor and Arsenal know the true fee,anyone else is just guessing.

the Sevilla president made a big statement about £24m :eek: until the Arsenal put him in his place by making anoffex statement,the transer will between £10.4m and £16.9m depending on appearances,goals scored and CL victories :eek:

the point i'm making is no-one knows the Arsenal spending,almost every transfer is undisclosed. ;)

if you believe the media ,Wenger has a net spend of £17m in seven years,making a total of about £2.5m a year,easily the most impressive housekeeping of any of the top clubs in the EPL,even Tottenham have spent over double he has :dazed: :howler:

it would be a sad day if Wenger took over Chelsea,they might as well just hand the EPL Trophy over to Abro so he can stick it in his considerably well stocked safe :D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
the Wiltord fee was undisclosed so only Bordeaux,Depor and Arsenal know the true fee,anyone else is just guessing.

the Sevilla president made a big statement about £24m :eek: until the Arsenal put him in his place by making anoffex statement,the transer will between £10.4m and £16.9m depending on appearances,goals scored and CL victories :eek:

the point i'm making is no-one knows the Arsenal spending,almost every transfer is undisclosed. ;)

if you believe the media ,Wenger has a net spend of £17m in seven years,making a total of about £2.5m a year,easily the most impressive housekeeping of any of the top clubs in the EPL,even Tottenham have spent over double he has :dazed: :howler:

it would be a sad day if Wenger took over Chelsea,they might as well just hand the EPL Trophy over to Abro so he can stick it in his considerably well stocked safe :D

Listen you shut it, Chelsea spend well ;).

Jern I for one have no problem with Arsenal or any other team paying big bucks for players, the more competition for Chelsea the better :). However it just annoys me when stupid people complain when it's quite obvious that they're team has spent alot (looks at KOP).. annoying :yuck:.

·
63,337 Posts
fair enough,Jacko

I am sure Morrati,Berlusconi,Perez,Moggi and all the others haven't got all their vast fortunes by 100% legitimate means

hell,even David Dein may have pulled a few strokes to become a self-made millionaire,i'm sure there has been brown envelopes a plenty in English football since day one *cough* Henry Norris :D

not that i'm calling Abramovich a thieving spiv though,of course i wouldn't dream of it :D

·
THE
13,983 Posts
Nice try but the topic isn't about that ( and you started it)

Doc, don't tell me that that you truely compare a pretty much unknown teen with Mutu and Crespo?

Jacko, don't bother with them. It's a lose-lose situation for us anyway- if we lose, they say that money doesn't buy you a team and if we win then they accuse us of buying success.

All teams buy success.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
kat said:
Nice try but the topic isn't about that ( and you started it)

Doc, don't tell me that that you truely compare a pretty much unknown teen with Mutu and Crespo?

Jacko, don't bother with them. It's a lose-lose situation for us anyway- if we lose, they say that money doesn't buy you a team and if we win then they accuse us of buying success.

All teams buy success.
Unknown teen? Reyes has been a star for Sevilla for severel years and therefore his talent was widely recognised all over Spain and by all La Liga fans. He is also in the Spanish NT and definitely one of the biggest stars for the future.

Almost all teams buy success yes, but not all the teams do it the way Chelsea do. A Russian billionaire walks in and Ranieri can pick anyone he wants. Basically he can just buy all the stars of the competition and will make Chelsea champion year in year out. :rolleyes:

·
THE
13,983 Posts
What is Sevilla?

But the point is that Ranieri CAN NOT buy anybody he wants. He has the money yes, but can he instantly buy Zidane, Raul, Sheva, Buffon, Thuram etc? No, he can't.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
kat said:
What is Sevilla?

What does that have to do with it? A player should be valued on his performances, not on the club he plays for. Also, he plays for the Spain NT, of which I assume you know what it is.

But the point is that Ranieri CAN NOT buy anybody he wants. He has the money yes, but can he instantly buy Zidane, Raul, Sheva, Buffon, Thuram etc? No, he can't.
Money can buy you everything. Especially these days. Almost all the clubs across Europe are in debt, especially in Italy and to a lesser extent Spain. So if you come with a huge offer they will agree, believe me. Also, the players do everything for money. Even those who claim to be loyal, appear to be nothing but greedy mercenarios as soon as Mr. Abramovich opens his cheque book :yuck:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
You have to also look at the positives of his spending.

It means more money moving in football, which may help with the current recession. (Unless I'm mistaken).

Add to that RA's little bit of charity for Scarborough (ok, so it's only £25,000). And it's also refreshing to see the guy watching his team's training like a fan. I admire him to be honest...

So the positive is that there is money being invested in to footie.

As a fan, it may offer immediate satisfaction; but the success may not get the respect of opposition fans ('buying the title' etc).

However as much at it may help, I don't think it will guarantee a champion team. That is done with the right players and coach. (IMO :D)

But Chelsea are being very wise by also investing in the top youth in the country.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts