Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And again, the story between Tal and Chelsea....

Chelsea wants Tal Ben Haim to replace John Terry, who will miss the next months at Stamford Bridge. Jose Mourinho wants him as soon as possible, but Bolton demands 3 Mio. Pounds.

Here the whole story:

http://www.sport5.co.il/Articles/Article.252.14693.html

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
:) that sounds like a good deal..

i'd go for it...

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nice story is that Ben Haim is closer to Chelsea than to Newcastle. Chelsea is willing to pay 1.5 Mio. Pounds, but Bolton wants more. Also Tottenham wants Ben Haim, but only wants to pay 1 Million.

Sam Allardyce's supertalent Ben Haim is also connected to Tottenham. Great! I would suggest Ben Haim to move to Chelsea. Champions League and european media presence

http://www.one.co.il/cat/articles/article.aspx?id=85801&bz=13

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
It would be a great move for Ben Haim and Israeli football, but he needs to think on a long term project, at Tottenham he has more chances to play on the starting lineup because at Chelsea when Terry returns Ben Haim will probably be benched by Mourinho.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Mourinho was interested in him for a while and terry is out for a while. Ben-Haim is a very consistant player (even today against the scousers he played well according to SkySports despite the poor score) and I think he'll be able to prove himself and become a starter on the pitch. NOt to say that tottenham isn't an impressive team.....they're a great team, but I'd still rather see him in Chelsea

Hopefully soon we'll see one Israeli stopping goals for Chelsea and another putting them in.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Benayoun is back to square 1 like he was 2 years ago.....
highly taletned..yet..unwanted...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
here is the link: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2549105,00.html

writes that Grant might join Chelsea during the summer, but it gives the impression that he will be manager.....whcih i highly doubt. And it also adds that Mourinho was given the green light to have Ben-Haim join

I think Grant started this rumor and that he's full of crap. Abramovich might not deny this just to put some pressure on Mourinho

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Actually there might be truth to these artiles, but not to replace Mourinho. SkySports writes that Grant will take Clarke's position (Mourinho's righ thand man). So Grant might actually move to Chelsea

Ben-Haim is also very realistic since BBC, SkySports, Times, and several other sites have written that Abramovich gave Mourinho money for him

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
On the Chelsea forum they say TBH is just a second option if Mourinho doesn't sign Micah Richards but they have reliable quotes from Abramovich who says he gave JM a '2 Million pound gift'. The fee is too low to be Richards, so it makes the TBH option more logical. Hell he might even play at Anfield on Saturday you never know.

Grant proves what we all know in Israel, combinatorim sholtim behakol. I won't be shocked if it happenes and when JM quits he'll get the job :D:D:D

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An israeli coach to Chelsea. Sounds funny. I give Grant 3 months, until he gets fired :)

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Haimrevivo1 said:
An israeli coach to Chelsea. Sounds funny. I give Grant 3 months, until he gets fired :)
Don´t underestimate Grant´s ability in diplomacy, he wouldn´t be fired so soon. I don´t think he will coach the team, but maybe a similiar job he currently has at Portsmouth.

·
Registered
947 Posts
grant is a nobody in england , why would he get the job of mourinho ?
that's more a joke ! if then i would say eriksson but not grant.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The story seems to be over. I read on one.co.il that Chelsea officialy announced that Ben Haim will not join the club in January although Abramovic gave green light to Mourinho for the transfer...

Tal Ben Haim will stay at Bolton

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
yea it was destined to end since the media talked about it so much

I'm not worried for TBH, he's an amazing defender and when he's a free transfer in the summer he will have many options. I wouldn't be suprised if Chelsea make an offer on him then. And if not Chelsea then some other big club in England. He's been able to develop a good name in England, especially with all the compliments sam has given him.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I still hope Ben Haim will join Manchester :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts