Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
THE
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caaaardiifff :)

Sunday, Feb 27 in Cardif, Carling Cup FINAL v Liverpool

Our first final over the years. Last time we won it in 1998. Come on boys, stop fooling around and start to play.

·
THE
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are in increadably bad roll (injuries-luck-tiedness?) and Pool won.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Losing 2-1 in Barcelona is nothing to be alarmed.. in a 2 legged system.

As I understand, losing to Barca and Newcastle, Chelsea are actually playing with 10 men. While another loss.. wich is with Man city... is about a Penalty... right?

Therefore.. according to records....so far... you shld be more concerned about Red Cards and Penalties than injuries or luck. Without these special events, its yours. :)

·
THE
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that was my point. In every game something bad happens, and usually all together. 2 reds in row (one keeper's and one striker's, defenders or midfielders get usually reds, not keepers), what were odds for that? We get a striker back, bang, red, out again.
But, if you belive in destiny or something, then you think that this is excatly what we need to be a really good team-in such circumstance either we swim or sink.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
the Drogba's Red Card is indeed unfortunate (for the team). He just had to go for the ball at 50/50. How often will those situations appear... very rare. That ref tried his best.. but made a mistake. Ban can be appealed.. i suppose.

JM tried 3 subs.. and Bridge out. Cant call that a bad decision...but the initial fielding was not ideal...

I think these things cant continue to go on every match.... Pool are improving.. its down to JM and Rafa.

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
down to it the league is what is important , we r 9 points clear and we play man utd and arsenal in april when robben is back, win those 2 games and we lift the title...FA cup or carling cup doesnt concern me, as for the CL whatever happens am mighty proud of our team, we could have drawn PSV or Leverkuzen and trashed them but no we were drawn a team top in spain who beat real madrid and ac milan and has the world's best player in the eyes of many, we went there with 10 men and lost 2-1,,,i am mighty proud of our boyz , for gods sake arsenal and man utd lost with full teams and against weaker oppostion...

and as Jose said today, we r 2-1 down at halftime, and yes we dont have robben & drogba (take eto and ronaldino out of barca and lets see how well they play),,but anyway we will fight bravely to the end, and deep down i know we will lift the CL one day with mourinho sooner or later..

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Milan are not weaker than Barca, they are more balanced, they are the best team in this years competition for me.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
KHALID said:
for gods sake arsenal and man utd lost with full teams and against weaker oppostion..
Que? Full in what way? Aren't Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole, Dennis Bergkamp and Gilberto Silva starters for Arsenal? Yes, they are. Did they play? No, they didn't.

And Milan will probably win the bloody thing, ffs.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
khimik said:
Que? Full in what way? Aren't Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole, Dennis Bergkamp and Gilberto Silva starters for Arsenal? Yes, they are. Did they play? No, they didn't.

And Milan will probably win the bloody thing, ffs.
Ofcourse they will win the thing (match against Arsenal), Arsenal cant play football even if their lives depended on it.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Arsenal cant play football even if their lives depended on it.
Barcelona might win something this year for a change. :shades:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Ofcourse they will win the thing (match against Arsenal), Arsenal cant play football even if their lives depended on it.
:howler: you are incredibally retarded.

Good luck lads, may the best team win :)

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
It would be nice to win this weeked if nothing else to lift the moral for the team, we have a lead to defend after this match!!!

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
KHALID said:
for gods sake arsenal and man utd lost with full teams and against weaker oppostion...
QUOTE]

Weren't milan champions of Europe 2 years ago? :confused: :confused: :confused:

milan WITHOUT shevshenko is not stronger than barcelona at Nou Camp..thats what i meant...as for arsenal yes i give u the loss of sol campbell and ashley cole in that game but u have to admit arsenal are never convincing in europe...

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The X-Mas tree Milan is capable of miracles on the travels. :stuckup: Too bad we didn't use it in the Camp Nou. In the Devil's Den anything goes. :devil: It is hard to counter a Milan side that has the Curva Sud packed with the Fossa Dei Leoni, Brigate Rossonere, Alternativo Rossonera, Commandos Tigre and Panthers Milan supported by a jam-packed San Siro to spur the side on on a big European night vs. top opposition. :shades:

On-Topic: Chelsea will win the Cup. Highly unlikely for them to lose three on the trot. Mourinho would get a hissy fit if that happened.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Barcawinner said:
I said Milan would win the bloody tournament, you idiot. Easily the most all-rounded team in Europe. What that has to do with Arsenal can only be seen by idiots.

You probably think I think Arsenal will ever win something in Europe :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
KHALID said:
milan WITHOUT shevshenko is not stronger than barcelona at Nou Camp..thats what i meant...as for arsenal yes i give u the loss of sol campbell and ashley cole in that game but u have to admit arsenal are never convincing in europe...
Football is not all about attacking Khalid. Am suprised you haven't learned that from Chelsea this season.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts